If you are an imitation crab lover like me then you must know about my favorite Seafood Salad Recipe. I have been in love with the Publix Grocery Store Deluxe Seafood Salad for years. We moved to North Carolina from Florida in 2007 and a couple of years ago Publix moved here too! Yay!
Something seems fishy, to me the seafood salad here in North Carolina seems a slightly different from the Florida version, maybe they updated the recipe from the original a bit or maybe they use different mayonnaise up here. The recipe is top secret at Publix, so who knows what the real verdict is.
The North Carolina version has small shrimp in it and to me a little too much mayonnaise. I’m ok with the small shrimp but the mayo needs to be toned down for us. Now, we also have a Which Wich Sandwich Shop here and their Crab Salad is pretty darn good too. So I tried to combine the two recipes to get that perfect blend of mayo and seasonings. Here is my version of my favorite Seafood Salad Recipe~
- 1- 1.5lb Imitation Crab
- 4oz can of tiny shrimp, optional
- 1 Small sweet onion, 1/4 cup, optional
- 2 Celery stalks diced
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise I prefer Hellmann's
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- Salt & pepper to taste, start with 1/4 tsp each
- 1/4 tsp to taste, of dill
- Remove crab from package and separate flakes.
- Chop and shred the crab in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or over night to blend flavors.
- Serve with crackers for a snack or deli rolls for a crab salad sandwich.
- Adjust the mayo as needed. You can also add a teaspoon of lime juice for added zing. You can also add pasta shells for a great summer salad.
I could literally eat crab salad every day. This recipe hits the spot when I can’t talk my husband into going to Which Wich for me!
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING SIMILAR?