I am Kim Purvis the owner, author and Designer behind Made in a Day. A collection of tutorials, crafts, floral, recipes, printables and so much more to enable you to get the style your searching for without breaking the bank.
Raised in Jacksonville Florida, I started out as an Art student, then I went into the field of Cosmetology. I excelled in the Hair Replacement Industry, designing and maintaining, wigs and hairpieces for over 13 years. I am now an Independent Floral Designer /Blog & Web Designer that dabbles in Photography.
I launched Made in a Day in late 2011, after searching around for home decor inspiration via Pinterest. It was then started noticing all the craft, DIY blogs creating amazing how-to’s. That was my ah-ha moment when I realized that I had the knowledge and ideas in this area to share, and I haven’t looked back since.
I have always been a thrift store lurker, DIY’er and avid junker, I love re-purposing the old and the new and creating something awesome. So, here I am to share my knack for all things crafty with you. I hope you enjoy my blog. It grows a little more everyday! Check back often, there’s always something new!
If you would like to pick my brain a little further about how I go about creating and maintaining this whole crazy blog/website thing check out my Behind the Scenes Blog Resource Guide. There you will find my tips as well as some of the companies and websites I use to maintain my little piece of the internet!
Kim now lives in Charlotte, North Carolina with her husband, two kids, an old dog and one very mean kitty.
Welcome & Enjoy!
But wait~ here are some things you should know about me if we are going to be BFF’s!
- I wore glasses until I was 12 and was a tomboy. I now wear glasses again. Ho hum..
- I love to dance to Old Wave Music.
- I put hot chocolate in my coffee.
- I hate roaches!!!! I will not live with them, ever.
- I think I can sing, well sort of, I sound good to me, lol!
- I can make bubbles with spit and make them float off my tongue. My brother can too.
- I like ketchup on pork.
- I hate when the week is planned out for me.
- I don’t like reading directions, I make my husband read them and then make him show me how to use whatever it is.
- I won 3rd place in an International Hair Replacement Cutting Contest in 1993, I eventually got burned out on other peoples problems and quit being a Hairstylist. Now I blog!
- I hate when other people make me late. I am always on time. Except for parties!
- I do not like procrastinators, sadly I live in a house with a few of them.
- I have to go shop somewhere every weekend.
- My favorite food is my homemade Macaroni & Cheese and Asian Slaw!
- I have learned to do DIY and handy man stuff myself, only because of the procrastinator I live with.
- I do not like people who are fake or trying to be someone else. I love down to earth people. Be yourself people!
- I will always be wild and crazy.
- I am always thinking of hilarious things, I just can’t tell you what they are, because you might be offended.
- I am on my 14th car.
- I love to organize things, especially some one else’s stuff..
- I have a mild case of OCD. I absolutely hate being sick! I also freak out a little when someone sneezes near me and doesn’t cover their mouth.
- I love people with a sense of humor and I am drawn to them. Ya got to have a personality! I love to laugh.
- I yell at people when I drive. Move it!!