This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Try one of my husband’s favorite appetizers is crispy Blue Potato Chip and Spicy Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce. Just bake and serve! One-pan finger food! For more appetizer recipes see my Appetizers page.
We had this appetizer at the Brixx Wood Fired Pizza Restaurant in Charlotte, NC some years ago. Last time we visited Brixx they discontinued this delicious appetizer from the menu! UUGH! We loved it so much we decided to set out to make our own. I think we mastered it with this recipe.
The earthy Blue Terra Chips mixed with alfredo sauce and gorgonzola crumbles and drizzled with Cholula Hot Sauce has a flavor like no other appetizer I’ve tried. The Cholula Sauce is not super hot, but it adds a distinctive flavor to the dish. I can not tolerate spicy foods and I can gobble this one up. It is so mild in fact that even the kids love it.
This one-pan dish is super easy to put together. It’s a perfect alternative to nachos. My husband devours it while watching football. It is a definite keeper in our house!
Blue Potato Chips and Spicy Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce
- 1 bag Blue Terra Chips
- 1 package gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour bag of Blue Terra chips out on a large baking pan.
- Add the alfredo sauce to a small saucepan and heat to a slight boil on med heat.
- Sprinkle gorgonzola cheese crumbles over chips. Gorgonzola has a strong taste. Don't overdo it unless you are gorgonzola lover. Add gorgonzola crumbles to taste.
- Drizzle alfredo sauce over chips. Do not saturate the chips with too much alfredo or they will be soggy.
- Bake chips until gorgonzola cheese gets soft and slightly melted. Around 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with Cholula Hot Sauce and serve!
Finding plain Blue Terra Chips can be tough to do. We usually find them at Whole Foods or other specialty stores like it. Adding the Cholula Hot Sauce is the key to the flavor of this appetizer. It really isn't that hot of a sauce. You could always use it in a side dish for dipping if you are afraid of the heat. One of our all-time favorite recipes. So good!
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 300