This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Who doesn’t love Lemon Cake!! Today I am sharing the recipe I have used for years to make this family favorite. Plus, since I keep seeing loaf cakes popping up everywhere from Starbucks to Pinterest, I decided to try my hand at making a Lemon Loaf Cake! For more recipes see my Favorite Recipes page.
I usually make this in a Bundt pan, and to me, it comes out of the oven a little lighter than a loaf pan. The density of the cake is thicker in the loaf, almost like a pound cake. The pan I used was the Perfect Meatloaf Pan, without the insert. It is a larger wider loaf pan, perfect for this kind of cake I think.
Lemon Loaf Cake
- 1 package plain yellow cake mix I use Duncan Hines
- 1 3 oz pkg. Jell-O Lemon gelatin
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Fresh lemon juice or bottle
- Lemon zest – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour your pan.
- Place cake mix, gelatin, oil, water and eggs in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes on medium.
The Batter should look thick and be well blended.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake cake until lightly brown about 45-50 minutes for a loaf pan.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 min and remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice & zest until smooth.
- (I like mine thick so go easy on the lemon juice).
- Drizzle icing over cake.
- Place cake into a refrigerator for 15 minutes to set the icing.
Bake 35-40 minutes if using a Bundt pan.