Calling all peanut butter cup lovers! Get ready for a frightful delight with Halloween Reeses Bats Treats. Simple spooky treat and perfect for kids to create! For more scary treats see my Halloween Page.
Save those Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups from your Halloween candy bags and transform them into adorable bats-shaped cookie treats!
If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and utterly delicious Halloween treat that will have everyone swooning, look no further than Reeses Bats Treats. These adorable little Oreo bats are made using four simple ingredients: Reeses cups, Oreos, chocolate chips and candy eyes. The result? A bite-sized treat that is as cute as it is scrumptious.
The combination of the creamy peanut butter filling in the Reeses cups with the crunchy Oreos is super yummy. Plus, there’s just something extra fun about transforming an ordinary chocolate candy into a spooky bat.
And let’s not forget about the decoration aspect! These Halloween bat cookies are perfect for kids to create! How often do you get to play around with edible googly eyes? These candy eyes give these little bats their personality and add an extra touch of spookiness.
You can create different expressions on each bat by placing the eyes closer together or further apart. It’s all up to your imagination!
These treats are not only devilishly delicious but also incredibly easy to make, making them the perfect addition to any ghoulish gathering or Halloween movie binge-watching session.
So get ready to sink your fangs (pun intended) into these irresistible Halloween bat treats this year!
Halloween Reeses Bats Treats
Ingredients & Adjustments
Steps by Step Instructions
- Cut the Oreo cookies in half to make the four pieces for the bat wings. Use a serrated knife to gently cut the Oreos in half. Don’t worry you will break a few in the process.
- Pull apart the cookies apart and scrape off the cream filling. Melt chocolate chips or candy melts to use as a glue for the bat wings and candy eyes.
- Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the edge of the cookie halves/wings as glue and press them onto the Reese’s cup as shown.
- Repeat the last process using the candy eyes and placing them on top of the cookie wings.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
Reeses Bats Halloween Treats
- 12 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, singles
- 6 Oreo cookies
- 1 pkg candy eyes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Cut the Oreo cookies in half to make the four pieces for the bat wings.
- Pull apart the Oreo cookies and scrape off the cream filling
- Melt the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals using a microwave.
- Add a small amount of melted chocolate to the edge of the cookie halves/wings as glue and press them onto the Reese's cup.
- Use a small amount of the chocolate to adhere the eyes to the top of the wings.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes for the frosting to set and enjoy!
- You can use candy melts or canned frosting to attach the bat wings to Reese’s cups. You can also try using the white Oreo cream as well.
- Cutting the Oreo cookies: Using a serrated knife to cut the cookies in half works best. Just go slow and use a gentle saw-like motion.
The nutrition info provided is only an estimate. See my nutrition disclaimer for more info on how the data is collected for recipes.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!