Looking for a recipe to take to your next backyard BBQ? This Spinach Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad Copycat Recipe will get everyone excited! Whole Foods Tender spinach and smoky cheese in a creamy parmesan sauce. For more light and cool recipes see my Salads page.
Spinach Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad Recipe
If you have ever been to whole foods it is highly likely you have tried their yummy Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad recipe. It is definitely one of the guilty pleasures that we must buy each time we visit. Well, I decided to research this fantastic summer pasta salad and what I found was it was published in a Whole Foods Recipe book many years ago!
There are tons of reviews, tips, and tricks for this pasta salad. I researched and read everything everyone came up with and I created the perfect match of the store-bought version! My trusty pasta taster daughter said she was so proud of me that I recreated her fav side dish perfectly! So if that isn’t enough encouragement to try this recipe then I don’t know what is! Here is our version of this popular pasta salad dish. Enjoy!
- 16 oz organic rigatoni pasta
- 9 oz roasted bell pepper strips, Jeff's Garden Brand, 3/4 of a 12 oz Jar,
- 8 oz smoked mozzarella, cubed
- 2.5 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 oz organic white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more as needed
- 5.5 oz organic light mayo, Whole Foods 365 brand, use 1/2 of 11.2 oz container
- 4 oz fresh baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- salt & pepper (optional)
- Boil water in a large saucepan and cook rigatoni as directed. Rinse, drain and run cold water over noodles to cool and chill the pasta.
- Prepare spinach for blanching. See instructions below.
- Whisk together in a large bowl (big enough to hold pasta salad), vinegar, garlic, parsley, cayenne pepper, and light mayo.
- Add rigatoni noodles, spinach, peppers, smoked mozzarella, and parmesan cheese. Toss with a large spoon until blended.
- Chill for 30 min to 1 hour. Tossing every 15 minutes to blend. Serve as a side dish with your favorite summer meal!
How to Blanch Spinach
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add spinach to water and submerge for 1 minute.
- Drain spinach and rise with cold water.
- Place spinach in a stack of two paper towels. Wrap with paper towels and squeeze the water out of spinach.
- Unwrap spinach and set aside.
- All ingredients in this recipe were bought at Whole Foods or online at Amazon. See links in the recipe or order online. See Amazon deal below. Smoked mozzarella is in the fine cheese section of the store.
- You can put the noodles into the refrigerator to chill before adding ingredients. Be careful, if you do not chill the noodles the cheeses will melt.
- I did not add salt or black pepper and it tasted perfect to us. Add the extra seasoning if you feel you need it. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired by the Whole Foods Cookbook
No Whole Foods Stores near you? Did you know that Amazon’s Amazon Fresh Grocery section has Whole Foods Grocery items? Well, you can get them delivered to your home! See the details in the link below! Not seeing a link? Start by turning your ad blocker off.
Love it? Pin it!
Sign up to get a dose of style and inspiration + access to my exclusive TRENDY WALL ART PRINTABLE BUNDLE just for newsletter subscribers!