When I first started this blog I was living in Charlotte, North Carolina in a red brick colonial 2-story home with a full walkout basement. We had tons of storage and personal space.
We called it our treehouse because the backyard was thick with 100 year old, super tall Hickory trees. Fast forward 11 years and my husband needed to relocate to Los Angeles for work. I was all in!
Relocating to Los Angeles meant downsizing, big time! We purged almost everything we filled that large home with and only kept the important stuff.
When we got to California, the fun part was buying all new things for our old/new but much smaller 1950’s hillside bungalow. When you do not have much space you have to be choosy about what you buy.
The best thing is… when I was in the North Carolina house I realized my personal style was somewhere between modern and bohemian with a little eclectic. That style did not fit at all in my colonial home but that style is the staple of California living. I am finally in my element.
FInd your favorite
I have gone though many decor styles since I started my blog back in 2011. Check out all of my fun DIY projects I have created throughout the years.
CREATING A SEASIDE BUNGALOW
SHOP MY ENTRYWAY
THE LIVING ROOM-
- Woven Planter
- Bamboo Cordless Blinds
THE SUN ROOM-
- Floating Plant Shelves
- Article Sven Sofa
- Chevron Cabinet ( HomeGoods)
- Kitchen Runner
- Round Wicker Mirror (TjMaxx)
- Round Wicker Wall Art (TjMaxx)
THE MASTER BEDROOM-
- velvet room darkening curtains
- Owens Quilt, by Serena & Lily
- Opalhouse Woven Throw Pillows
- palm print shower curtain
- Opalhouse Wood Palm Picture Set
- Room & Boards, Hudson storage bed and side tables
THE PORCHES PAST + PRESENT-
- Tavola Vintage Brown Table (8) – Article.com
- Zina Ember Chairs -Article.com
- Outdoor String Lights (similar)
- Selka Chairs -Article.com
- Standing Patio Heater
- Tana Stool -Article.com
- Medan Lounge Chairs -Article.com
THE BACK PATIO-
- Fringe Table Runner
- Eucalyptus Table (West Elm)
- Gold Tray (World Market)
- Sofa (Room & Board)
- Outdoor Pillows (Costco)
POSTS FROM THE OLD HOUSE
WHITE KITCHEN MAKEOVER