This slow cooker Honey Sesame Chicken is the bomb! Pair the wraps with my Semi-homemade Asian Slaw w/ Ginger Dressing! We actually ended up putting the slaw on the wraps for a street taco like mix! Try these two recipes for an easy weeknight meal!
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1+ tsp sriracha chili sauce, optional
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 medium green onions, chopped for garnish, optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker, season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, 1 tbsp water, sesame oil, onion powder and sriracha chili sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on Low 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred with two forks and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup water; add to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook sauce on High until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker and toss.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice and top with sesame seeds and chopped scallions for garnish.
Add chicken to large lettuce leaves. We love Living Lettuce Leaves. This is a really great recipe. For more info see the recipe on Skinnytaste.com Link below. Asian Slaw Recipe is on madeinaday.com
Nutrition InformationYield 5
Amount Per Serving Calories 350
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Check out more of my Families Favorite recipes~
Sign up to get a dose of style and inspiration + access to my exclusive TRENDY WALL ART PRINTABLE BUNDLE, seen above, just for Made in a Day newsletter subscribers!