This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
This slow cooker Honey Sesame Chicken is the bomb! Pair the wraps with my Semi-homemade Asian Slaw w/ Ginger Dressing! We actually ended up putting the slaw on the wraps for a street taco like mix! Try these two recipes for an easy weeknight meal!
Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1+ tsp sriracha chili sauce optional
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 medium green onions chopped for garnish, optional
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker, season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic, 1 tbsp water, sesame oil, onion powder and sriracha chili sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on Low 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken, shred with two forks and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup water; add to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook sauce on High until slightly thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker and toss.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice and top with sesame seeds and chopped scallions for garnish.
Add chicken to large lettuce leaves. We love Living Lettuce Leaves. This is a really great recipe. For more info see the recipe on Skinnytaste.com Link below. Asian Slaw Recipe is on madeinaday.com
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Check out more of my Families Favorite recipes~