This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Today I am sharing another one of our favorite family recipes, Shrimp Wild Rice Casserole! Just mention anything with shrimp in it and my kids instantly say yes! So since shrimp is one of things we all agree on I try to come up with ways to enjoy it and this casserole doesn’t disappoint.
This recipe of shrimp and rice smothered with cheese, then blended with cream of mushroom soup was first posted by Paula Deen via the Food Network some time ago. Of course I changed it up a little to suit our family’s tastebuds. I hope you’ll try it it was a keeper for us!
Saute shrimp, butter and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
Shrimp & Wild Rice Casserole
- 2 packages of Uncle Ben's wild rice 8-ounce
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 1/2 condensed cream of mushroom soup 10 3/4-ounce cans
- 2 cups Grated sharp Cheddar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/2 cup water.
- Drain and cool.
- Cook the shrimp, 1 tsp butter and garlic for 1 minute or until just pink and set aside.
- Heat the other 1 tsp butter in saucepan and saute the onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and onion.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste and mix well.
- Spray a 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the mixture in the dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!