Gooey cheesy Shrimp Wild Rice Casserole is the perfect weeknight meal. Shrimp is one of the things we all agree on I try to come up with ways to enjoy it and this casserole doesn’t disappoint. For more recipes like these see my Main Dish page.
Who doesn’t love shrimp? This easy and comforting casserole is perfect for a family dinner. The creamy sauce is full of flavor and the shrimp are cooked to perfection.
This easy, cheesy shrimp wild rice casserole is perfect for a cozy winter meal. It’s filling and delicious, and it can be made in just about 30 minutes.
Cheesy Shrimp Wild Rice Casserole
Shrimp rice casserole is a popular dish made with cooked rice, shrimp, and cheese joined together. Often shrimp are sautéed before being added to the dish, imparting a delicious flavor to it.
- Item One
- Item Two
- Item Three
- Item Four
How to make Perfect Sauted Shrimp!
Add shrimp to a saucepan with 2 tbsps of butter and 1 clove of minced garlic. Saute shrimp, butter, and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Then set it aside before adding it to the dish. Do not overcook the shrimp.
MAKE AHEAD: Place them in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Shrimp & Wild Rice Casserole
- 2 packages of Uncle Ben’s wild rice 8-ounce
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 ½ condensed cream of mushroom soup 10 3/4-ounce cans
- 2 cups Grated sharp Cheddar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/2 cup water.
- Drain and cool.
- Cook the shrimp, 1 tsp butter and garlic for 1 minute or until just pink and set aside.
- Heat the other 1 tsp butter in saucepan and saute the onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and onion.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste and mix well.
- Spray a 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the mixture in the dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
Love it? Pin it!