Today I am sharing another one of our favorite family recipes, Shrimp Wild Rice Casserole! Just mention anything with shrimp in it and my kids instantly say yes! So since shrimp is one of things we all agree on I try to come up with ways to enjoy it and this casserole doesn’t disappoint.
This recipe of shrimp and rice smothered with cheese, then blended with cream of mushroom soup was first posted by Paula Deen via the Food Network some time ago. Of course I changed it up a little to suit our family’s tastebuds. I hope you’ll try it it was a keeper for us!
Saute shrimp, butter and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- 2 packages of Uncle Ben's wild rice, 8-ounce
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 condensed cream of mushroom soup, 10 3/4-ounce cans
- 2 cups Grated sharp Cheddar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/2 cup water.
- Drain and cool.
- Cook the shrimp, 1 tsp butter and garlic for 1 minute or until just pink and set aside.
- Heat the other 1 tsp butter in saucepan and saute the onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and onion.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste and mix well.
- Spray a 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the mixture in the dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 350
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Check out more of my family’s favorite recipes!
NEW! Christmas Baking Planner!
Guess what? I am opening a printable store right here on the blog! Coming soon!
Grab your free planner now to keep organized this season! Great for keeping track of baked goods gifts!