Spicy Thai Cucumber Salad is a refreshing summer salad that is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. The cucumbers are tossed in a delicious, spicy dressing and served with crunchy peanuts. This salad is easy to make and perfect for any summer gathering! For more fresh recipes see my Salads page.
Oh for the love of Cowfish! One of our go-to places for sushi here in Charlotte, NC is a hip and trendy restaurant called The Cowfish! They have a huge menu centered around Burgers, Sushi, and their infamous Burgushi. The Asian/American fusion dishes are both beautiful works of art and oh so delicious, but the Burgushi takes the front stage.
Burgushi is sushi made with a burger and/or sandwich ingredients. They have so many awe-inspiring dishes it is difficult to pick which is my favorite. And if you are like me and you can’t choose just one, they have an answer for that as well. Enter the amazing Bento Boxes! They come complete with samplings of some of their popular dishes and sides.
When you order a Bento Box they come with salted edamame pods, sweet potato fries, and the crazy zesty side dish, Thai Cucumber Salad! I had not tried this dish until I started frequenting The Cowfish, but man is it addicting!
Thai Cucumber Salad
This spicy cucumber salad is a fresh and easy summer appetizer or side dish. It is perfect for a summer cookout or picnic and can be made in minutes. The main ingredients are cucumbers and diced tomatoes, but you can also add other vegetables like bell peppers.
Quick Tip: Seed your Cucumber with a melon baller, then slice!
Thai Cucumber Salad
- 2 large English cucumbers peeled
- ½ cup “match stick” chopped carrots
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Peanuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cut cucumbers in half long ways.
- With a melon baller scoop out the seeds and pulp from center of cucumber.
- Chop cucumbers up in 1/4 inch slices and set aside.
- In a small saucepan with medium heat, melt sugar, salt and vinegars until sugar and salt are dissolved. About 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Toss together cucumber, carrots, cilantro and red onion.
- Pour vinegar mixture, Sweet Chili sauce and lime juice over cucumber mixture.
- Marinate for a least 1 hour before serving.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Make Ahead Meal Planner + Email Course
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planner Kit and the Make Ahead Meal Planner eBook Guide… PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
Love it! Pin it!