This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Burgushi is sushi made with a burger and/or sandwich ingredients. They have so many awe-inspiring dishes it is difficult to pick which is my favorite. And if you are like me and you can’t choose just one, they have an answer for that as well. Enter the amazing Bento Boxes! They come complete with samplings of some of their popular dishes and sides.
When you order a Bento Box they come with salted edamame pods, sweet potato fries and the crazy zesty side dish, Thai Cucumber Salad! I had not tried this dish until I started frequenting The Cowfish, but man is it addicting!
There is a fantastic explosion of sweet and sour flavors when you bite into this cool side. Well, I had to search the web to find a copycat recipe and who knew you can make this dish so many different ways. So I combined a few recipes that looked and sounded similar to The Cowfish dish and here’s what I came up with.
Quick Tip: Seed your Cucumber with a melon baller, then slice!
- 3 large cucumbers, peeled
- 1/2 cup "match stick" chopped carrots
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash of lime juice
- cup ¼chopped cilantro
- Cut cucumbers in half long ways.
- With a melon baller scoop out the seeds and pulp from center of cucumber.
- Chop cucumbers up in 1/4 inch slices and set aside.
- In a small saucepan with medium heat, melt sugar, salt and vinegars until sugar and salt are dissolved. About 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Toss together cucumber, carrots, cilantro and red onion.
- Pour vinegar mixture, Sweet Chili sauce and lime juice over cucumber mixture.
- Marinate for a least 1 hour before serving.
Two things you can change if the marinade is too tangy for you. #1 omit the red wine vinegar and make the rice vinegar 1/2 cup and #2 omit the lime. If you prefer a spicier version try adding red pepper flakes to add some heat.
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 48
LOVE IT? PINIT!
Check out more of my family favorite recipes!