Get dinner on the table lightening fast with these chicken air fryer recipes. Just season, add oil and set a timer and it’s done! Recipes for the pickiest eaters! For more recipes like these see my Cook page.
Are you looking for a way to enjoy fried chicken with fewer calories and less oil? Then air frying is the way to go! This amazing kitchen invention has revolutionized the way we cook our favorite foods. I mean who doesn’t want fast food that tastes good, right?
With an air fryer, you can make a variety of delicious recipes with less fat and fewer calories than traditional deep fried dishes. From crispy chicken wings to juicy drumsticks, there’s no limit to the range of recipes you can create in an air fryer.
An air fryer cooks using a convection oven. That way you can make delicious chicken recipes that are faster and healthier than ever before.
Tips for Cooking Chicken in a Air Fryer
- Always use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. The safe temperature for chicken is 156° F.
- Cook in batches so the meat does not get undercooked. Usually 2 breasts at a time unless you have an x-large air fryer.
- Add oil to the bottom of the air fryer to keep the meat moist and flavorful.
- Meat thickness may mean longer cooking times. Small Chicken Breasts 5 to 7 oz : 7 to 10 minutes. Medium Chicken Breasts 8 to 10 oz: 10 to 12 minutes. Large Chicken Breasts 11 oz +: 12 to 16 minutes. Thinner foods do well at higher temps like 400° and shorter times. Thicker meats like patties do well at lower temps like 350° F and longer times.
- Coat the chicken with oil and add rubs or seasonings to add flavor. There is no need to eat bland chicken!
AIR FRYER CHICKEN TEMPERATURE SETTINGS
- Chicken Whole (3-4 lbs) 350° F for 50-60 minutes
- Chicken Breast Boneless 400° F for 18-25 minutes
- Chicken Breast Bone-in 375° F for 15-20 minutes
- Chicken Drumettes + Flats 400° F for 20-25 minutes
- Chicken Thighs Boneless 400° F for 18-25 minutes
- Chicken Thighs Bone-in 375° F for 25-35 minutes
- Chicken Tenders (1 inch thick) 400° F for 14-16 minutes
- FROZEN Chicken Nuggets 400° F for 10-12 minutes
- FROZEN Chicken Tenders 400° F for 15-20 minutes
Chicken Air Fryer Recipes
One of the most popular meats to make in an air fryer is chicken. These variations of recipes will have food on your table fast! You can choose to marinate the chicken or add oil and rub in flavorful spices. It’s easy to customize each recipe to your tastes.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe Ideas
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are a healthy, delicious and convenient way to enjoy a classic dinner favorite.
With just the right seasoning, marinade or breading, air fryer chicken breasts come out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside – every time! Here are some of our favorite recipes that show off just how tasty air-fried chicken can be.
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
If you’re looking for an easy dinner solution, air fryer chicken tenders are an excellent option.
To make these delicious bites, all you need is some boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips, your favorite seasonings or spices, a light coating of oil spray or olive oil and an air fryer!
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets Recipes
Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are a delicious and healthy alternative to deep-fried chicken nuggets. With an air fryer, you can make crunchy, golden nuggets that are full of flavor without the added fat and calories of traditional fried foods.
Recreate the flavors of your favorite fast food restaurant. Start by cutting boneless skinless chicken breasts into bite sized pieces and for added crunchiness, toss them in seasoned breadcrumbs before cooking in the air fryer until they’re cooked to a golden brown.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Recipe
Air fryers are a great way to get perfectly crispy wings without worrying about the mess of deep-frying. Here are some creative ideas for tasty air fryer wing recipes that will have your football fans going back for seconds!
Air Fryer Chicken Legs
Chicken legs, in particular, are a great dish to cook in an air fryer as they come out juicy on the inside with a crispy outer coating. Here are some ideas on how to prepare air fryer chicken legs that will leave your family licking their fingers!
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Air fryer chicken thighs are my favorite! Not only are they tender, juicy, and flavorful but they can also be prepared in a variety of different ways. Here are some ideas to get you started with your air fryer chicken thigh recipes.
Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipes
The air fryer is the perfect appliance for cooking whole chicken as it circulates hot air around the bird, ensuring even cooking and crispy skin. Here are some delicious recipes to try out on your next night in.
More Air Fryer Chicken Dinner Ideas
These chicken air fryer recipes are an easy and convenient way to make delicious meals. Not only do they cook quickly, but the food is also cooked evenly and can be made healthier with minimal oil. With so many flavor combinations available, you’ll never run out of ideas when it comes to cooking chicken in your air fryer. Enjoy!
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!