This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Looking for a warm and cozy soup to try this winter? This Instant Pot: Chicken Corn Chowder with Bacon will hit the spot on cold winter days! For more soup recipes see my Soups page. My husband is always on the lookout for a new pressure cooker recipe. During these chilly winter days, soup is always on our mind. He found a great corn chowder recipe to use a base. Then he kicked it up by adding rotisserie chicken for a hearty meal.
Buying whole rotisserie chickens and pulling the meat off the bone is our new standby when we need to add chicken to a meal. Yes, rotisserie chickens can be injected with a lot of salt, but they add such so much more flavor to any meal. Just make sure you are not adding any extra unnecessary salt to the dish. Plus who wants to thaw and cook frozen chicken. It is so much faster just to buy it and pull the meat yourself. Rotisserie chicken makes every dish taste out of this world good.
Enough about my love of precooked chicken. Here is how we changed up this already fabulous recipe to suit our taste. If you would like to try the original you can find it on the super yummy Damn Delicious website. That girl has so many awesome recipes to try. Enjoy!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, pulled
- 5 red potatoes, diced
- 1 19 oz bag of frozen corn, thawed
- 4 slices, bacon diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese as a topping
- I buy a whole rotisserie chicken and pull the meat from the bones. Set meat aside.
- Set a 6-qt pressure cooker to sauté on high heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Set bacon aside.
- Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken, bacon, potatoes, corn, vegetable stock, thyme, and cayenne pepper. Then season the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste. Select manual setting; adjust the pressure to high heat, and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Whisk together heavy cream and flour in a small bowl to blend.
- Turn on high sauté setting. Bring mixture to a boil. Pour in heavy cream mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add more vegetable stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve sprinkled with shredded cheese, crusty bread or crackers! Enjoy!
Love It? Pin It!
More Yummy Soup Recipes:
- Rich & Hearty Pressure Cooker Beer Stew
- Turkey Lasagna Soup
- Pressure Cooker Spicy Beer Chili Recipe
- Thick & Creamy Clam Chowder by My Pinterventures
My Must-Have Amazon Picks:
- Kitchen Aid 3-speed Hand Blender
- InstaPot Duo Plus 60, 6qt
- 12 Piece InstaPot Accessories Set
- Certified International Soup Bowls
More recipes you may like!