Looking for an easy yet yummy new chicken recipe to try? My made simple Creamy Baked Tuscan Chicken Recipe is so good you will want to make it every week! For more recipes like this see my Main Dish page.
We are always looking for ways to spice up our weeknights with fun new recipes. This baked Tuscan Chicken recipe is inspired by Olive’s Gardens version with a parmesan cream sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach served over pasta.
We made a few changes for simplicity and ease. I left off the light breading on the chicken and went oven-baked style to cook the chicken faster. That way we can work on the sauce while chicken cooks. Add it all back in the pan at the last minute to create one tasty dish.
This has become one of our favorite dishes to date. The tanginess of the sun-dried tomatoes really makes this dish great! Here is how we made it!
Creamy Baked Tuscan Chicken Recipe
- Prepping the Chicken:
- 3 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided (we use oil from sun-dried tomatoes) divided
- For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2-1 cup sundried tomatoes drained and sliced thin
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 chicken Broth
- 2 cups of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- pasta cooked al dente
- cauliflower rice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place chicken on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Brush 2 tbsp olive oil or for a more robust flavor use sundried tomato oil onto each breast.
- Bake chicken 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink (use a thermometer to check temp. Chicken is safe to eat at 165°F).
- Using a large saucepan, add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil into the pan, add garlic and saute on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes. saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low-medium, add the heavy cream and chicken broth and bring to just a simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop in the spinach leaves and allow them to wilt in the sauce.
- Add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the chicken to the pan, coat with creamy sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve over pasta, cauliflower rice or zoodles.
If you prefer to brown the chicken in the pan. Add 2 tbsp of oil in a pan on med-high heat. Add seasoned chicken breasts and cook 5-8 minutes on each side until done. Set chicken breasts aside and make the sauce.
Love it? Pin it!
Sign up to get a dose of style and inspiration + access to my exclusive TRENDY WALL ART PRINTABLE BUNDLE just for Made in a Day newsletter subscribers!