Looking for an easy yet yummy new chicken recipe to try? My made simple Creamy Baked Tuscan Chicken Recipe is so good you will want to make it every week! For more recipes like this see my Main Dish page.
We are always looking for ways to spice up our weeknights with fun new recipes. This baked Tuscan Chicken recipe is inspired by Olive’s Gardens version with a parmesan cream sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, and spinach served over pasta.
We made a few changes for simplicity and ease. I left off the light breading on the chicken and went oven-baked style to cook the chicken faster. That way we can work on the sauce while the chicken cooks. Add it all back into the pan at the last minute to create one tasty dish.
This has become one of our favorite dishes to date. The tanginess of the sun-dried tomatoes really makes this dish great! Here is how we made it!
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place leftover portions in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in a microwave or in the refrigerator overnight. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes or microwave for 2-3 minutes on high until done.
Creamy Baked Tuscan Chicken Recipe
Prep the Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil divided (we use oil from sun-dried tomatoes) divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2-1 cup sundried tomatoes drained and sliced thin
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken Broth
- 2 cups of spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley
- pasta cooked al dente
- cauliflower rice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Place chicken on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Brush 2 tbsp olive oil or for a more robust flavor use sundried tomato oil onto each breast.
- Bake chicken 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink (use a thermometer to check temp. Chicken is safe to eat at 165°F).
- Using a large saucepan, add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil into the pan, add garlic and saute on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes. saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low-medium, add the heavy cream and chicken broth and bring to just a simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop in the spinach leaves and allow them to wilt in the sauce.
- Add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the chicken to the pan, coat with creamy sauce, sprinkle with parsley and serve over pasta, cauliflower rice or zoodles.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
Love it? Pin it!