Jardiniere Balsamic Chickpea Salad is a delicious and easy vegan meal that can be made in just a few minutes. A great make-and-take salad for summer BBQs and beyond! For more veggie recipes like this see my Salad page.
I love Wholefoods, especially their deli section with all those cool yummy salads. Every time we go I want to try a little of this and a little of that. Well, they had a Jardiniere chickpea Salad and the ingredients looked so simple I figured I would try to make my own.
Jaridinere Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The salad is perfect as a side or main dish! It’s made with cooked chickpeas, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic, and is served cold or at room temperature. This salad is perfect to take for a summertime party or picnic.
Chickpeas can soak up all the flavor of salads. So to keep it from being bland I changed up the plain jardiniere recipe. I added some Balsamic vinegar and red onions and boy does it zing now and it’s even better the next day!
This is a yummy and fun recipe, I hope you’ll try it, it’s one of my new favs! It is spot-on for the Publix version of Jardiniere chickpea Salad as well!
Other Ingredient Options to Add to Chickpea Salad
- Meats like tuna, chicken, or eggs
- Cheeses like feta, goat cheese, or cheddar
- Seasonings like Curry, Greek, cilantro, or dill
- Veggies like cucumber, eggplant, artichokes, and avocado
- Creamy dressings like yogurt or mayo
- Lemon zest or lemon juice
Balsamic Chickpea Salad
- 3 15 oz cans of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 can white or regular corn drained
- ½ pint grape tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup red onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 lime juiced
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onions, corn, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl add the oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic and lime juice. Whisk oil mixture together and pour over veggies, toss well to coat.
- Pour mixture into an airtight plastic container.
- Refrigerate for at the very least 30 minutes before serving, tossing and turning the container every 10 minutes to blend. The longer it sits the better it tastes.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.Share on Facebook
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
Love it? Pin it!