Make your own homemade creamy hummus recipe! Fresh hummus is so much better than the store bought versions. Try these 15 hummus recipes & find your new favorite flavor. For more recipes like these see my Appetizer page.
Ever since I first tasted homemade hummus, I’ve never gone back to store bought. Homemade hummus is so much better and it’s so easy to make! There are so many different flavors and combinations you can try, so there’s always something new to enjoy.
Whether you’re in the mood for something creamy, tangy, or spicy, these 15 recipes will have you whipping up a delicious batch in no time.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to hummus recipes, and with the right ingredients, you can create any flavor profile your heart desires.
What to Eat with Hummus
- Pita Bread, naan bread, on sandwiches
- Veggies: Carrots, celery, bell pepper, broccoli, cucumber, sliced radishes and other raw veggies
- Chips: Pita Chips, Pretzels, crackers or dried veggies
- Use it as a sandwich spread with falafel, or chicken wraps. Get creative!
How long does hummus last?
MAKE AHEAD: Place them in an airtight container.
- Hummus lasts around 4 hours at room temp.
- Homemade Hummus: keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- Store bought Hummus: Keep it in the refrigerator for for up to 7 days.
Can you freeze Hummus?
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
Creamy Hummus Recipe Varieties
These are the classic versions with tahini and lemon mixed in with the flavored versions of hummus dip to get you started.
Fun Twists on Hummus Recipes!
These hummus recipes are made with other types of beans or veggies like beets and cauliflower! Either way these recipes are amazing and I just may need to try them all!
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
I hope I have convinced you to never buy store bought hummus again! We’ve been making our own for a few months now and it really is so much better made fresh! We literally fight over the last bites. Enjoy!