Our Best Kept Secret Guacamole Recipe | Super Easy
Get the taste of restaurant guac at home with our family’s secret Guacamole recipe! Simple ingredients that bring a bold taste to this popular dip! Just add your favorite chips! For more recipes like this see my Appetizers page.
We love to go to Mexican restaurants and order fresh guacamole, the kind where the waiter or guac maker comes and makes it in front of you at the table. After eyeing the ingredients and closely watching what the guac mixer does to create this yummy fresh appetizer, we saw how easy it would be to make our own guacamole at home!
Sometimes we prefer our own recipe compared to the ones we get when eating out. There really is nothing that compares to fresh guac made with just cut avocados and fresh ingredients.
Our Secret Guacamole Recipe
This recipe is a great guacamole starter recipe. When I say that, I mean you can always add or take away things to suit your taste. My husband likes to add jalapenos to the mix. I would rather have the spicey flavor and crunch of raw red onions instead of jalapenos. We usually end up adding both.
This is a simple recipe that can be adapted to suit your tastes!
Chips to Dip in Guacamole
We love thin crispy tortilla chips like ones made by the Xochitl brand. We like them best when they are warmed up in the oven (or microwave) for a few minutes. That’s the secret to make them taste similar the homemade ones in Mexican restaurants.
You can use any type of chip really for guacamole. As far as I am concerned it’s just a vessel to get the dip to your mouth! Pita chips are another one of our favorites to dip with.
What Tomatoes Work Best in Guacamole?
We use Roma tomatoes or Plum tomatoes because of their low water and seed content. Plus they are really easy to chop since they are small and have fewer insides. Vine ripe tomatoes will work too. Just remove the seeds and watery fleshy insides.
Recipes that go Best with Guacamole
- Copycat Chili’s Steak Fajitas Recipe (Best Marinade)
- Loaded Seafood Burrito Recipe
- Layered Tex Mex Tex Chessy Salsa Dip
- Balsamic Southwestern Dip AKA Cowboy Caviar
- Turkey Taco Soup
- Seafood Enchiladas with Imitation Crab (my fav)
- Southwest Chicken Bowls (Slow Cooker Meal)
Wash the guac down with one of my Mexican cocktials! Try the La Sandia (Watermelon) Margarita or out favorite Homemade Margarita from Scratch!
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in a freezer bag and squeeze all of the air out of it and seal. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Restaurant Guacamole Recipe
- 3 avocados, peeled, pitted, and mashed
- ½ cup diced red onion, optional
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tbps dried cilantro seasoning
- 2 roma, plum tomatoes, diced
- ¾ tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic mix or 1/4 tsp salt , 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 clove minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ½ small jalapeno, with seeds removed, diced (optional)
- Don’t love Jalapeno? Try a pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- In a small bowl mash together the avocados.
- Add onion, cilantro, tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, jalapeno, or cayenne pepper to the avocado mix and fold them in.
- Squees the lime over the mix and blend.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on meal Planning and Batch Cooking!