This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Looking for a thick and hearty soup to warm you up this winter? This Easy Black Bean Soup with Salsa is quick and easy and can be garnished with lots of yumminess! For more recipes like this one see my Soups page.
I love soup on cold winter days, don’t you? My husband has a thing for black beans and he absolutely loves Black Bean Soup! So I thought I would try my hand at making it for him.
I have tried many different recipes for this soup, but I just couldn’t get the right consistency to make him smile. Until I found one that had a neat trick in the directions to put the beans in a blender to make it smooth. In the past, I was smashing the beans with a potato masher and the soup consistency was just too thin and just wrong!
I combined my new found trick with my simple black bean with salsa soup recipe and the results were perfect!! It is a super easy quick soup to make for those busy weeknights.
Easy Black Bean Soup with Salsa
- 5 cans of black beans
- 1 1/2-2 14.5 oz cans chicken broth
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 16 oz jar of salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Toppings: cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onions
- Blend 3 cans of black beans with 1 1/2 cans of chicken broth in a blender.
- You may need to do 2 batches if it does not fit in your blender.
- Add the bean mixture to a large pot.
- Add the jar of salsa, cumin and chili powder.
- Add the can of corn and last 2 cans of black beans, drained.
- Heat on medium to a boil then set on low.
- Stir occasionally so soup does not stick to the bottom of your pan. Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and green onions. Diced avocado would be great on this too.
I hope you like it! It was hit with my husband and even the kids loved it!
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 220