This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy.
It’s officially cold here in North Carolina and this time of year is soup weather for us! We have a few favorite recipes we make all the time. We were in the mood for something different to try. This Turkey Lasagna Soup Recipe hit the spot! Want more soup recipes try my Soup recipe page.
I have been on a hunt for a few new keeper recipes to get us through the next couple of months. I came across this great recipe for lasagna soup. I have seen this dish pop up all over Pinterest and thought I had better give it a try if it is so popular. Man, I am so glad I did!
This soup tasted exactly like lasagna and wow it is crazy good! I changed up the recipe and added ground turkey instead of sausage to lighten it up. I hope you enjoy my version of this new family favorite.
Turkey Lasagna Soup!
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey, browned
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 14 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 5 oz can tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tsp dried basil
- Campanelle or Mafalda Pasta
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- mozzarella cheese
- In a soup pot add all of the chicken stock, 2 cloves of the minced garlic and tomatoes. Heat to medium-high.
- Cook pasta per manufacturers directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan ground turkey with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Brown turkey and onions until done, around 5-7 minutes. Drain excess water/grease out of turkey and onions.
- Replace turkey and onion mixture to pan and all of the tomato paste. Blend and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add turkey and onion mixture to soup pot and combine. Add oregano, left over 2 tsp of garlic and the basil. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prep the ricotta cheese mixture and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add 1/2- 3/4 of the box of noodles to the soup.
- Ladle into bowls top with drops of ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 302
Love it? Pin it!
Check out more of my Families Favorite Recipes~