This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
I have been on a hunt for few new keeper recipes to get us through the next couple of months. I came across this great recipe for lasagna soup. I have seen this dish pop up all over Pinterest and thought I had better give it a try if it is so popular. Man, I am so glad I did!
This soup tasted exactly like lasagna and wow it is crazy good! I changed up the recipe and added ground turkey instead of sausage to lighten it up. I hope you enjoy my version of this new family favorite. Turkey Lasagna Soup!
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey, browned
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 14 oz cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 5 oz can tomato paste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tsp dried basil
- Campanelle or Mafalda Pasta
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- mozzarella cheese
- In a soup pot add all of the chicken stock, 2 cloves of the minced garlic and tomatoes. Heat to medium-high.
- Cook pasta per manufacturers directions. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan ground turkey with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Brown turkey and onions until done, around 5-7 minutes. Drain excess water/grease out of turkey and onions.
- Replace turkey and onion mixture to pan and all of the tomato paste. Blend and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add turkey and onion mixture to soup pot and combine. Add oregano, left over 2 tsp of garlic and the basil. Bring to a boil and simmer on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Prep the ricotta cheese mixture and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add 1/2- 3/4 of the box of noodles to the soup.
- Ladle into bowls top with drops of ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 302
PIN FOR LATER!
Check out more of my Families Favorite Recipes~