If you are an imitation crab lover like me then you must know about My Favorite Dreamy Seafood Salad Recipe! Try this pretty perfect copycat of Publix’s popular Deluxe Seafood salad recipe. This recipe is number one in my arsenal of yummy salad recipes.
I have been in love with the Publix Deluxe Seafood Salad for years. We moved to North Carolina from Florida in 2007 and a couple of years ago Publix moved here too! Yay!
Something seems fishy, to me the seafood salad here in North Carolina seems slightly different from the Florida version, maybe they updated the recipe from the original a bit or maybe they use a different mayonnaise brand in North Carolina. The recipe is top secret at Publix, so who knows what the real verdict is.
The North Carolina version has small shrimp in it and to me has a little too much mayonnaise. I’m ok with the small shrimp but the mayo needs to be toned down for us.
I also think Which Wich’s crab salad sandwich and Subway’s seafood sensation sandwich are pretty darn good too. I even made a Subway recipe version. There isn’t any shrimp in their version. I tried to combine these two recipes to get that perfect blend of mayo and seasonings.
More Imitation Crab Recipes to try:
Here is my version of this favorite recipe:
How to make my Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1- 1.5 lb Imitation Crab
- 4 oz can of tiny shrimp, optional
- 2-3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Celery stalks diced
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, I use Hellmann's
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- tsp Salt & Pepper to taste, start with 1/4 tsp each
- 1/4 tsp to taste of dried dill
- Remove crab from package and separate flakes.
- Chop and shred the crab in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve with crackers for a snack or deli rolls for a crab salad sandwich.
Adjust the mayo as needed. You can use less. You can also add a teaspoon of lime juice for added zing. You can also add pasta shells for a great summer salad.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Saturated Fat 1.3gCholesterol 58mgSodium 387mgCarbohydrates 8.3gFiber 0.5gSugar 1.2gProtein 7.3g
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in a microwave or in the refrigerator overnight. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes or microwave for 5 minutes on high until done.
I could literally eat crab salad every day. This recipe hits the spot when I can’t talk my husband into going to Which Wich for me!
Love it? Pin it!
More Salad Recipes:
- Spinach Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad (Whole Foods Copycat) MY FAV!
- Crunchy Napa Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- Corn & Tomato Salad w/ Vidalia Onions
- Balsamic Chickpea Salad
- Hawaiian Loaded Tuna Macaroni Salad from My Pinterventures