This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
If you are an imitation crab lover like me then you must know about My Favorite Dreamy Seafood Salad Recipe! Try this pretty perfect copycat of Publix’s popular Deluxe Seafood salad recipe. This recipe is number one in my arsenal of yummy salad recipes.
I have been in love with the Publix Grocery Store Deluxe Seafood Salad for years. We moved to North Carolina from Florida in 2007 and a couple of years ago Publix moved here too! Yay!
Something seems fishy, to me the seafood salad here in North Carolina seems a slightly different from the Florida version, maybe they updated the recipe from the original a bit or maybe they use different mayonnaise up here. The recipe is top secret at Publix, so who knows what the real verdict is.
The North Carolina version has small shrimp in it and to me has a little too much mayonnaise. I’m ok with the small shrimp but the mayo needs to be toned down for us.
Now, we also have a Which Wich Sandwich Shop here and their Crab Salad is pretty darn good too. So I tried to combine these two recipes to get that perfect blend of mayo and seasonings. Here is my version of my favorite Seafood Salad Recipe~
My Favorite Dreamy Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1- 1.5 lb Imitation Crab
- 4 oz can of tiny shrimp, optional
- 1 Small sweet onion, 1/4 cup, optional
- 2 Celery stalks diced
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, I use Hellmann's
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- tsp Salt & Pepper to taste, start with 1/4 tsp each
- 1/4 tsp to taste of dried dill
- Remove crab from package and separate flakes.
- Chop and shred the crab in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Serve with crackers for a snack or deli rolls for a crab salad sandwich.
Adjust the mayo as needed. You can also add a teaspoon of lime juice for added zing. You can also add pasta shells for a great summer salad.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 80 Saturated Fat 1.3g Cholesterol 58mg Sodium 387mg Carbohydrates 8.3g Fiber 0.5g Sugar 1.2g Protein 7.3g
I could literally eat crab salad every day. This recipe hits the spot when I can’t talk my husband into going to Which Wich for me!
Love it? Pin it!
More Salad Recipes:
- Crunchy Napa Cabbage Slaw Recipe
- Tangy Thai Cucumber Salad
- Corn & Tomato Salad w/ Vidalia Onions
- Balsamic Chickpea Salad
- Hawaiian Loaded Tuna Macaroni Salad from My Pinterventures
Must-Have Salad Making Resources:
- Salad Maker Set w/ Mandoline
- Stainless Steel Salad Chopper
- Gorilla Grip Cutting Boards
- Williams-Sonoma Salad of the Day
Check out more of my favorite recipes~