This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Simple Weeknight Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 1 12 oz box jumbo shells pasta
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- I 32 oz Galbani ricotta cheese, part skim
- 40 oz or 5 cups marinara, we like Victoria Organic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil noodles to al dente, as directed on package.
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, oregano, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the marinara sauce on the stovetop. Add garlic and Italian seasonings. Heat just to a boil.
- Drain noodles and fill shells with ricotta mixture using a large spoon. Add a spoonful of marinara sauce to the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Place shells and cheese in a single layer in casserole dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over noodles. Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread!
You can add two eggs if you prefer to the ricotta mixture. We just prefer the recipe without the eggs.
Love it? Pin it!More Weeknight Recipes:
- Hearty Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal
- Broccoli Ham Macaroni & Cheese Casserole
- Cheesy Tuna Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli Bake by Domestically Creative