Looking for a simple recipe that is easy yet fast? Then my Simple Weeknight Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe will do the trick! Classic comfort food recipe for weeknight meals. For more recipes like this one see my Entrees page. Coming up with satisfying meals in a hurry during busy weeknights can be tough. Simple Classic Shells and Cheese is always an easy choice. Just add some crusty bread for dipping and you have one gorgeous meal that everyone in the family will enjoy! This dish is always a hit in our home. My favorite thing to do is to slather the sauce covered gooey, cheesy ricotta onto homemade Texas toast. It tastes so awesome. Here is how we make this family-friendly popular dish. Enjoy!
Simple Weeknight Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- 1 12 oz box jumbo shells pasta
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- I 32 oz Galbani ricotta cheese, part skim
- 40 oz or 5 cups marinara, we like Victoria Organic
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil noodles to al dente, as directed on package.
- Mix ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, oregano, parsley, basil, salt and pepper.
- Heat the marinara sauce on the stovetop. Add garlic and Italian seasonings. Heat just to a boil.
- Drain noodles and fill shells with ricotta mixture using a large spoon. Add a spoonful of marinara sauce to the bottom of a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Place shells and cheese in a single layer in casserole dish.
- Pour marinara sauce over noodles. Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread!
You can add two eggs if you prefer to the ricotta mixture. We just prefer the recipe without the eggs.
Love it? Pin it!
- Hearty Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal
- Broccoli Ham Macaroni & Cheese Casserole
- Cheesy Tuna Casserole
- Cheesy Chicken Bacon Broccoli Bake by Domestically Creative
See more of our easy weeknight meals!
BY SIGNING UP YOU ARE AGREEING TO GET WEEKLY EMAIL UPDATES FROM MADE IN A DAY.