This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Today I am sharing this comfort food family favorite. I got this tasty recipe from my Mother-in-Law and let’s just say this is not your average Broccoli and Cheese Casserole. This recipe is made with Velveeta Cheese, which is not one of my favorite ingredients, to me, it’s just too creamy and the flavor is well Velveeta like.
But the trick to this addicting recipe is adding milk and butter to melted Velveeta which turns it into an amazing cheese sauce. I hope you will try it, it is one of our favorite holiday dishes. Enjoy!
Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Broccoli, cheese and crackers casserole
- 4 boxes frozen broccoli spears thawed and cooked. (You can use florets if you can not find the frozen boxed spears
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 8 oz Velveeta Cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 sleeve Wheat Ritz Crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cooked broccoli spears in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Melt cheese, milk, 1/4 of butter in large bowl in the microwave.
- Whisk to blend.
- Melt remaining 1/4 butter and mix with the crushed Ritz Crackers.
- Pour cheese mix over broccoli.
- Top with crushed cracker/butter mix.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes