Make easy fudgy Brookie Bars – Cookie Dough and Brownie Recipe. What are those you say? Well, it is a brownie with a chocolate chip cookie baked on top. Drizzle it with Hershey syrup and you have one fantastic dessert! You can find more recipes like this on my favorite recipes page.
My daughter came home with an interesting request. She wanted to make fudgy brownie Brookie Bars What are those you say? Well, it is a brownie with a chocolate chip cookie baked on top.
I was like ok, yes, please! What better combination for a cookie bar, can you think of? This is a super simple kid-friendly recipe and these brookie cookies taste like a decadent fancy restaurant dessert.
She was so excited to make these and they turned out so awesome I thought I would share this easy recipe with you! We used the box brownie mix that has a Hershey syrup packet to drizzle over the brownies at the end. The syrup really took the flavor up a notch.
If you can not find the premade brownies with the Hershey’s syrup included just use the bottle kind of Hershey syrup. It is the same thing.
I opted for the easy version by using mixes but you can use your own recipes or a mix of your choice for the brownies and cookies if you wish.
Other Brookie Bars Recipes: Brownie Cookie Combos
- Brookie Oreo: Brownie mix and Oreo cookies.
- Brookie Cupcakes: Make these Brookies in individual cupcake tins.
- Brookie Recipe from Scratch: Just make your favorite recipes for brownies and cookies, then layer them like the store-bought kind in the recipe below! You can also buy a premade mix like Betty Crockers Cookie Brownie Mix.
- Reeses Brookie: In a muffin pan, layer the cookie dough, one Reese’s peanut butter cup, and then top it with brownie batter. Only fill to 3/4 of the muffin cup. Bake for 350° 18-20 min.
- Peanut Butter Brookies: Peanut Butter cookie dough (or Resse’s Pieces cookie dough) and brownie mix. Premade: Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookie Browinie Bar Mix.
- Get creative and try more flavor combos! Use different brownie mix flavors too!
Toppings to add to the Brookie Bar Desserts
- Chopped nuts
- Whipped Cream & a cherry!
- Hershey’s syrups
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge
- Crushed cookies
- Crushed candy
- Marshmallow creme
- Ice cream
- Chocolate chips
What to Cook Brookie Bars in?
You can cook brookie bars in a metal pan like I did in this recipe or use a muffin pan for a crisper version.
Best Brookie Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie Bars
- 1 box Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie mix with Hershey’s Syrup pouch
- Large eggs, water, and oil for the brownies
- 1 16.5 Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip pre-made Cookie Dough
- Mix up the brownie batter in a medium bowl per directions on the box.
- Spray pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Brownie layer: Pour the brownie mixture into a 13 x 9 metal pan and spread it out evenly.
- Cut the cookie dough into ¼-inch slices.
- Cookie layer: Place slices of dough on top of the brownies and gently wiggle them down into the brownie mix. (Use spoonfuls of homemade cookie dough instead of slices).
5. Bake in an oven for 25-30 minutes.
6. Let them cool for 15 minutes.
7. Slice and drizzle the brookie with Hershey’s syrup pouch and enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
How to tell when brownies are done baking:
Insert a toothpick into the brownies and if it comes out with a few moist crumbs still clinging it is ready. If you see batter sticking to the toothpick, keep baking. You can also check for cracks in the shiny top. The edges will be visibly done and the center set, not jiggly when shaken.
More recipes like this one…
- Foolproof 2 Ingredient Can Frosting Fudge
- Christmas Tree Meringues Cookie Pops
- Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cake
- Trix Krispie Treats
- Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- Bacon Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies by Intelligent Domestications
Grab the Recipe!
- 1 box Betty Crocker Original Supreme Brownie mix with Hershey's Syrup pouch
- Eggs, water and oil for brownies
- 1 regular size Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip pre-made Cookie Dough in a roll
- Set your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix brownie mix according to directions on the box.
- Add batter to greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Cut the cookie dough into ¼-inch slices.
- Place slices of dough on top of the brownies and gently wiggle them down into the brownie mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let them cool for 15 minutes.
- Slice and drizzle with Hershey’s syrup and enjoy!
If you can not find the brownie mix with the Hershey's syrup packet, use Hershey's Chocolate syrup and drizzle it on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 180
MAKE AHEAD: Place them in an airtight container and store the bars on the counter for 4-5 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost on the counter and serve.
Love the idea but have no time to bake? Here’s where to buy Brookie Bars!
Love it? Pin it!