Have you heard about the Perfect Eggless Edible Cookie Dough Recipe trend going around? It’s all the rage around here for the last few weeks. Here is all you need to know to safely make this popular treat, plus more fun foodies on my favorite recipes page.
This recipe has been all the rage around here for the last few weeks. A gourmet food company finally came out with an edible cookie dough version of America’s favorite chocolate chip cookie dough that you can safely eat. My kids went nuts for it!
When this product made its way to the grocery stores here in Charlotte, we literally checked every few days for the last few weeks to find some left in stock! Thinking it may be a while until we found it, we decided to try to make our own edible cookie dough.
I bought all the ingredients for the recipe and to my surprise, my husband came home that day with a jar of the gourmet kind. That allowed me to make the homemade version and compare it to the gourmet version. The verdict is.. they are equally dead-on the same in taste. So instead of spending a whopping $7.99 on a jar, we can now make it at home for a fraction of the cost.
Here is my version of the Edible Cookie Dough Recipe I used. I doubled this recipe because the original only made three ice cream scoops worth and we are big dough eater’s and I knew we would need more next time.
EDITED: In the last couple of years there have been some findings by the FDA that raw baking flour could possibly contain the E. coli bacteria and also multiple flour recalls by General Mills have raised some concern with consuming raw flour.
BOTTOM LINE: you should not eat raw flour that requires baking. I have updated this recipe with a way to toast the flour before you make the dough so it kills any harmful bacteria. You can read all about it on the Cooking Light website. Another alternative would be to use coconut flour. But with any product, please research your brand of flour to make sure it is safe to consume.
MadeinaDay. com is not responsible for tainted product use or harm when consuming this recipe.
Easy Chocolate Chip Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour toasted for safety
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4-8 ounces mini chocolate chips
- In a mixer blend softened butter, brown sugar and salt together.
- Toast the flour: Spread raw flour out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes to kill any harmful bacteria.
- Let the flour cool to room temperature before adding chips or they will melt.
- Mix in vanilla and then slowly add in the flour.
- Add in the milk.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle with chips and serve with ice cream or alone.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition InformationYield 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 531Saturated Fat 8.9gCholesterol 10mgSodium 625mgCarbohydrates 91.9gFiber 3.1gSugar 40gProtein 9.9g
Love it? Pin it!
More Tasty Recipes:
- Simple Frosting Fudge
- Sweet & Salty Crunch Bars
- Lemon Loaf Cake
- Star Wars Inspired Wookie Cookies by C’mon Get Crafty
Must-Have Baking Resources:
Check out more of my Families Favorite Recipes!
Sign up to get a dose of style and inspiration + access to my exclusive TRENDY WALL ART PRINTABLE BUNDLE just for newsletter subscribers!