This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Have you tried this yummy comfort food chicken broccoli braid recipe made from crescent rolls? It’s kind of an oldie, but definitely a goodie! I went to a Pampered Chef party years ago and they demoed their products while making this recipe, it was so good it became a keeper in our house.
That is until that is my husband decided to ban mayonnaise from his food. So in order to keep this yummy recipe around I came up with this lighter version by replacing a few ingredients. If you would like to make the original version see the link in the recipe card below.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced, I use ready grilled chicken strips,
- 1-2 cups broccoli, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, 1 cup
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. dill
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 pkgs. refrigerated 90 calorie reduced fat crescent rolls, 8oz. each
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add chicken and broccoli, diced red pepper, garlic, shredded cheese to a 2 qt. bowl.
- Mix vegetables gently.
- Add mayonnaise, dill mix, and salt to the vegetable mixture, tossing gently.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate.
- Arrange longest sides of dough across width of large baking pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough.
- Using your fingertips, press dough to seal crescent perforations, making the dough a solid rectangle.
- On longest sides of baking pan, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using a pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling).
- Spread filling evenly over middle of dough.
- To braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip on turn.
- Continue alternating strips to form a braid pinching the dough to seal it together.
- Brush egg white over the dough.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, watching the last few minutes so bottom of braid does not burn.
Leave the dough in the refrigerator until ready to use or it may become too soft to work with.
I lowered the temperature from the original recipe. The braid cooked too fast on the outside at 375 degrees leaving raw areas of dough on the inside of the braid.
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per ServingCalories 200
Check out more of our families favorite recipes~