This easy One Pot Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal is perfect for busy weeknights. It’s delicious, healthy, and easy to make. In just 30 minutes you’ll have a hearty meal waiting for you. For more great recipes like this one see my Main Dish page.
I would like to share this great recipe that has quickly become a family favorite around here! What is so great about this sausage and rice skillet recipe is that you can change up the ingredients and it still tastes amazing. In this recipe, I used cauliflower along with my sausage and rice.
One-Pot Sausage and Rice Skillet Meal
The original recipe had broccoli as the main veggie and red bell peppers mixed in. I’m not a fan of bell peppers, so I left them out, but the original recipe has broccoli with the sausage and rice and it is also a really yummy combination. To add more zing to the recipe I used some Emeril’s Essence Seasoning to wake up the flavor of this dish.
Another easy way to add more flavor and save time is to use Seeds of Change or Uncle Ben’s packaged microwavable rice packets. I used Seeds of Change Quinoa & Brown Rice in this recipe.
Seed’s of Change rice varieties are pretty awesome. If you haven’t tried them yet, you should grab one on your next visit to the grocery store. I hope you enjoy this new simple weeknight favorite as much as we do!
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in a microwave or in the refrigerator overnight. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes or microwave for 5 minutes on high until done
Hearty Sausage and Rice Skillet
- 1 pkg Smoked Sausage or Turkey Sausage
- 1 Sweet Onion sliced thin
- 1 pkg Cauliflower or Broccoli cooked
- 4 cups Brown rice
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp Emeril’s Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced thin (optional)
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp olive oil.
- Slice smoked sausage and add to pan and toss for 5 minutes until brown.
- Remove sausage slices from pan and lay on paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil, onion and garlic (Red Bell Peppers if using) to skillet and saute.
- Cook rice separately as per directions on package.
- Add broth, Emeril’s seasoning, salt, pepper, tomato sauce, cauliflower and sausage into the skillet with the onion and garlic.
- Stir in rice and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Make Ahead Meal Planner + Email Course
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planner Kit and the Make Ahead Meal Planner eBook Guide… PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
Love it? Pin it!