Create this dinner classic at home! Make your own Homemade Shake N Bake Breading Mix with bread crumbs and seasonings you may already have in your pantry! Great for pork, chicken, fish and more! For more great recipes see my Main Dish page.
There are a million ways to make pork chops, but sometimes you just want that fast and easy flavorful crust that you would get from the Kraft Shake N Bake mixes. I think everyone has tried these mixes at least once when they first begin to cook. They are super simple to prepare and full of flavor.
Well, you no longer need to buy the mix anymore! The ingredients are pretty basic and you may even have most of them on hand in your pantry right now. Try this easy way to make oven baked pork chops with a crispy crust without the calories of frying pork chops!
For those of you have not tried the Shake N Bake mixes, they are mixes you pour into a bag, add chicken, pork or fish dampened with water, then shake the bag to coat the meat with seasonings. Place the meat on a sheet pan and bake it to a golden brown.
Kraft has lots of flavors in their Shake N Bake line of seasoning. You can tweak this basic recipe by replacing the breadcrumbs for Panko crumbs to make the panko version, adding Ranch dressing mix for the Ranch & herb version, and even crushed pretzels instead of bread crumbs for the pretzel version. The possibilities are endless!
Homemade Shake N Bake Breading Mix
FYI, this recipe is a little different than most, we prefer to place the mix in a shallow dish instead of shaking in a plastic bag. See the notes at the end of the recipe. You can use a gallon zip lock to shake your mix onto the meat. Here is our version of this classic recipe favorite!
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Add frozen chops to a baking pan and bake on 350 for 15-25 minutes.
Shake N Bake Copycat Recipe
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 4 pork chops 1/2 inch thick, or 2 lb chicken breast or pieces
- 1 Gallon zip lock bag or roasting bag
- Oil cooking spray optional see recipe
- Set oven to 400° F.
- Rinse pork chops or chicken to moisten with water, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add mixture to a shallow dish.
- Add meat of choice one at a time, press the meat into the mixture to coat the meat.
- Place meat on a sheet pan and spray each piece lightly with oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the meat has registered at the correct internal temperature. The safe internal temperature for pork is 150° F and chicken is 165° F.
- Add mixture to a gallon zip lock bag or roasting bag.
- Add meat of choice one at a time to the bag and shake to coat the meat.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!