I am pretty sure I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t love mac and cheese. It’s even better when you can make a whole meal out of it! Try my family’s favorite Broccoli Ham Macaroni and Cheese Casserole recipe.
If your kids are anything like mine, trying to get a piece of broccoli in them is nearly impossible! Well, this recipe did the trick for my daughter. She loved the taste so much she was willing to give broccoli a try just to get to the ham and mac & cheese. I would have to say this recipe is kid approved! At least for us.
Baked mac and cheese has always been one of my all-time favorite meals. But when you add ham well that is a game changer. The two flavors are so great together! I hope you like my version of this family weeknight favorite!
- 1 pkg Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner, sharp cheese, Kraft, Annie's or Cracker Barrel brands work best
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1- 2 cups cubed ham, the amount depends on how much you can get in a package of precooked ham.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided into one cups each
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta as directed on package. Set aside.
- Cook broccoli as directed on package.
- Saute cubed ham on medium heat until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Pour the cheese sauce packet, 1/2 of the shredded cheese, and all of the ham in with the eggs. Wisk until well blended.
- Pour egg/ham mixture over the pasta. Stir to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 glass dish.
- Top with leftover 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
For a thicker casserole use an 8 x 11-inch dish. This recipe is from a Kraft recipe book that was free for all who signed up for their newsletter. I could not find the recipe on their website to link to this post.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 320