Looking for a satisfying low carb meal? Try my favorite Amazing Low Carb Baked Zoodles and Meatballs Recipe for a filling meal that won’t ruin your diet! For more low carb recipes see my side dish favorites.
I have been low-carb dieting on and off for years. These days the popular Keto diet is the way to go. Finding recipes that are actually something you desire can be tough.
I started making this keto meatball casserole with zucchini dish a couple of months ago and now I literally make it every week. My family, who are not low carbing have requested it over and over! You know when they would rather have zucchini over pasta the dish is a winner!
Amazing Low Carb Baked Zoodles and Meatballs
The recipe is super easy to put together. You can use fresh zucchini and make them into zoodle spirals with a spiralizer or the easy way by using frozen Green Giant Veggie Spirals Zucchini.
The Green Giant veggie zoodles are in the vegetable freezer section of the grocery store. You better stock up because the frozen version is just as good as fresh and they go fast. Here’s the recipe!
Baked Zoodles and Meatballs
- 6 cups zucchini spirals 2 pkgs Green Giant Frozen Veggie Spirals or 4-5 fresh Zucchini, spiraled
- 1 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce We use Victoria Tomato Basil
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 16 oz bag Meatballs I used Trader Joes Flame Broiled Turkey
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook meatballs by directions on the packaging.
- If you are using the frozen zucchini spirals, cook as directed on the package and then drain liquid from them. If you are using fresh zucchini, cut the zucchini with a spiralizer.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a large saucepan on med-low.
- Add zucchini spirals, garlic, and olive oil to a frying pan. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss zucchini and garlic 5-10 minutes to break it down. It will have a semi-clear look to the spirals when they are done.
- When the meatballs are finished cooking add them to the spaghetti sauce and continue to cook while tossing the zucchini.
- Add cooking spray to a 9×9 baking dish. Add a couple of tablespoons of spaghetti sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add the zucchini spirals to the baking dish.
- Add meatballs on top of zucchini spirals.
- Pour sauce over zucchini noodles and meatballs.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, spirals, and meatballs
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
Love it? Pin it!