Amazing Low Carb Baked Zoodles and Meatballs
Looking for a satisfying low carb meal? Try my favorite Amazing Low Carb Baked Zoodles and Meatballs Recipe for a filling meal that won’t ruin your diet! For more low carb recipes see my side dish favorites.
I have been low-carb dieting on and off for years. These days the popular Keto diet is the way to go. Finding recipes that are actually something you desire can be tough.
I started making this keto meatball casserole with zucchini dish a couple of months ago and now I literally make it every week. My family, who are not low carbing have requested it over and over! You know when they would rather have zucchini over pasta the dish is a winner!
Amazing Low Carb Baked Zoodles and Meatballs
The recipe is super easy to put together. You can use fresh zucchini and make them into zoodle spirals with a spiralizer or the easy way by using frozen Green Giant Veggie Spirals Zucchini.
The Green Giant veggie zoodles are in the vegetable freezer section of the grocery store. You better stock up because the frozen version is just as good as fresh and they go fast. Here’s the recipe!
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Not recommended
Baked Zoodles and Meatballs
- 6 cups zucchini spirals, 2 pkgs Green Giant Frozen Veggie Spirals or 4-5 fresh Zucchini, spiraled
- 1 25 oz jar spaghetti sauce, We use Victoria Tomato Basil
- 1 ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 16 oz bag Meatballs, I used Trader Joes Flame Broiled Turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook meatballs by directions on the packaging.
- If you are using the frozen zucchini spirals, cook as directed on the package and then drain liquid from them. If you are using fresh zucchini, cut the zucchini with a spiralizer.
- Heat spaghetti sauce in a large saucepan on med-low.
- Add zucchini spirals, garlic, and olive oil to a frying pan. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste.
- Toss zucchini and garlic 5-10 minutes to break it down. It will have a semi-clear look to the spirals when they are done.
- When the meatballs are finished cooking add them to the spaghetti sauce and continue to cook while tossing the zucchini.
- Add cooking spray to a 9×9 baking dish. Add a couple of tablespoons of spaghetti sauce to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add the zucchini spirals to the baking dish.
- Add meatballs on top of zucchini spirals.
- Pour sauce over zucchini noodles and meatballs.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce, spirals, and meatballs
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
I’ve read that zoodles can get very runny and need to be cooked al dente. Is this runny after putting in oven so long? Also when hubby makes zucchini lasagna he salts them to pull out water and rinses before layering in lasagna pan. Has anyone done this with zoodles?
I use the frozen zoodles for this recipe. I thaw them and saute them with seasoning so they are not bland. If I were are using fresh zoodles I would do the same so they have flavor and some of the water comes out of them. This is not a deep dish meal like lasagna, so there is not a lot of layering or sogginess. I would say try it once and then tweak to how you like it.
My wife and I really enjoyed the dish sent a picture of it to my sister she’s going to make it soon,it was delicious.
Thank you Jesse! This recipe is one of my favorites too. Thanks for sharing it!
Oh MY, it looks great! Can’t wait to cook em this Sunday!
I made this tonight for dinner, it was delicious!✨
Made this for dinner today. Loved it!
And so did the family.
Aw! That’s great! So glad you alk liked it!
What a great recipe for using fresh zucchini from the garden. Can’t wait to try this. Love that is it is meat and a good serving a veggies (low carb). Better get a spiralizer ordered.
This was amazing! I have never used spiral zucchini in a recipe before and I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for the great recipe.
This was delicious! I had to spiralize a LOT of zucchini as my 3 boys are athletes and big eaters. Thank you for this fantastic recipe! :)
Glas you liked the recipe. It’s a favorite around here too.
I love this! My 3 year old daughter wanted “spaghetti and meatballs” but I’m low-carbing it, so this was the perfect compromise. It was so easy and delicious, a real crowd pleaser. Thanks!
This looks really good and kid friendly. I have just got myself a spiralizer and am still trying out recipes. Any idea how/if this freezes? I make everything from scratch, so it is quite a bit of work… Freezing a portion would be saving me time another day.
When I use my spiralizer I usually do a huge batch of zucchini and freeze single portions. Yes, this will freeze ok, but just know zucchini holds water and it could be a little runny. Just try it an see if it is ok for you. Thanks for reading!
We love Zoodles!! Totally trying this next week.
This looks so good. I’ve been trying to be low carb on Mondays and Tuesdays and I could def. some low carb recipes. I just got a noodle spiralizer, too!!