This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Cabbage is one of my favorite veggies to eat and since I am still on my low-carb diet this side dish Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks is a delicious way to enjoy your veggies and stay on track! This recipe is one of many of my families favorite side dish recipes.
I usually saute cabbage chunks in a little oil with salt and pepper. Add water and steam until tender. But this oven roasted version is so much easier and tastier.
I have been meaning to try roasting cabbage and now that I have, I plan on adding different toppings, such as Parmesan cheese to make them even tastier. This recipe is very similar to my Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe. Try that recipe too for another great low carb alternative.
Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 head of cabbage
- olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove outer leaves and rinse cabbage.
- Cut off stem.
- Stem side down, cut 1 inch slices of cabbage.
- Lay slices on greased baking pan.
- Drizzle slices with olive oil and with a basting brush distribute olive oil on cabbage.
- Salt and pepper both sides of slices and top with garlic mix.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. Checking at 20 minutes until tender.
I used the Tastefully Simple's "Garlic, Garlic" seasoning mix, but any garlic mix will do. You can always use minced garlic as well. I plan on adding more toppings such as Parmesan Cheese to add more flavor. I will update this post with anything I try and review.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!!
More Side Dish Recipes:
- Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatballs from My Pinterventures
Must-Have Oven Roasting Resources: