Looking for a yummy side dish for you Keto or Low Carb diet plan? This Simple Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks recipe is a delicious way to enjoy your veggies and stay on track! For more recipes like this one see my Side Dish page. I usually make cabbage the southern way of frying and steaming it with ham. But this oven roasted version is so much easier and tastier.
You can add different toppings like meats or cheeses, one fav is Parmesan cheese, or try splashing it with some Balsamic Vinegar to make them even tastier. This recipe is very similar to my Oven Roasted Cauliflower Recipe. Try that recipe too for another great low carb alternative. Let’s get cooking! Enjoy!
Healthy Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- 1 head of cabbage
- olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic seasoning mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove outer leaves and rinse cabbage.
- Cut off the stem.
- With stem side down, cut 1 inch slices of cabbage.
- Lay slices on greased baking pan.
- Drizzle slices with olive oil and with a basting brush distribute oil on cabbage.
- Salt and pepper both sides of slices and top with garlic mix.
- Bake 30-40 minutes. Checking at 20 minutes until tender.
I used the Tastefully Simple's "Garlic, Garlic" seasoning mix, but any garlic mix will do. You can always use minced garlic as well. I plan on adding more toppings such as Parmesan Cheese to add more flavor. I will update this post with anything I try and review.
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 70
Love it? Pin it!
More Low Carb Dish Recipes:
- Low Carb Baked Zoodles and Meatballs
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Low Carb Snickerdoodles by Domestically Creative
Must-Have Oven Roasting Resources:
Sign up to get a dose of style and inspiration + access to my exclusive TRENDY WALL ART PRINTABLE BUNDLE just for newsletter subscribers!