Looking for an easy banana bread recipe? My daughter whipped this Simple Banana Nut Bread up for us one afternoon. It only has a few ingredients and you probably have them in your pantry right now! For more cake recipes see my dessert page. When we went to Maui, Hawaii last year and they have “the best” banana bread for sale in all the stores made by local bakeries. We were sitting around thinking about how great the bread was and decided to make some of our own. We found this recipe on Allrecipes and after a little tweaking it turned out pretty amazing.
This bread came out so moist and yummy it’s hard to believe there wasn’t a ton of ingredients. We added some cinnamon and nuts to make it more like most banana bread recipes. You can serve this by the slice, but how we like to eat banana bread is by slathering it with butter and frying it for a few minutes until it is crispy brown on both sides. It is heavenly, you must try it. Here is our version of this new family favorite.
Simple Banana Nut Bread Recipe
MAKE AHEAD: Place the bread in an airtight container and store it on the counter for 4-5 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag in layers with parchment in between them. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost on the counter and serve.
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar, organic
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together and pour it into the banana mixture.
- Fold the ingredients with a spoon until it makes a batter. Do not overmix.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Saturated Fat 2.8gCholesterol 24mgSodium 331mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 1.6gSugar 20.4gProtein 3.7g
Love it? Pin!
More Dessert Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cake
- Lemon Loaf Cake
- Watermelon Layer Cake
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake by Domestically Creative
Must-Have Baking Resources: