Looking for a great Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake recipe? This light and springy cake glazed with zesty lemon juice icing is one of our family’s favorite desserts! For more recipes see my Favorite Recipes page.
We enjoy this yummy all-time favorite lemon cake two ways. You can make it in a bundt cake pan or a loaf pan to more like the Star Bucks version. The base of the cake is made from a cake mix but with our own measurement of ingredients to make the perfect almost homemade cake.
The bundt version has a thin icing glaze with fresh lemon juice and confectionary sugar. For the loaf version, we slather the icing on thick for a zesty sweetness to the top of the cake. Here is our family’s fav cake recipe!
Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
This is one of our favorite recipes because it’s simple to make, and the cake is so delicious.
Glazed Lemon Cake is a delicious sweet treat that is perfect for a summer day. The cake is packed with flavor and is sure to please. The recipe is easy to follow and results in a beautifully light and fluffy bundt cake.
MAKE AHEAD: Place them in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
FREEZER: Wrap in wax paper or foil and place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Zesty Lemon Bundt Cake
- 1 box of plain yellow cake mix, I use Duncan Hines
- 1 6 oz pkg. Jell-O Lemon gelatin, (use 5 oz and throw the rest out).
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup hot water
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Fresh lemon juice, or bottle
- Lemon zest – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour your pan.
- Place cake mix, 5 oz of gelatin, oil, water, and eggs in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes on medium.
- The batter should look thick and be well blended.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake cake until lightly brown about 35-40 minutes for a bundt cake pan and 45-50 for a loaf pan.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 min and remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice & zest until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over the cake.
- Place cake into a refrigerator for 15 minutes to set the icing.
The nutrition info provided is only an estimate. See my nutrition disclaimer for more info on how the data is collected for recipes.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!