Looking for a great Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake recipe? This light and springy cake glazed with zesty lemon juice icing is one of our family’s favorite desserts! For more recipes see my Favorite Recipes page.
We enjoy this yummy all-time favorite lemon cake two ways. You can make it in a bundt cake pan or a loaf pan to more like the Star Bucks version. The base of the cake is made from a cake mix but with our own measurement of ingredients to make the perfect almost homemade cake.
The bundt version has a thin icing glaze with fresh lemon juice and confectionary sugar. For the loaf version, we slather the icing on thick for a zesty sweetness to the top of the cake. Here is our family’s fav cake recipe!
Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 package plain yellow cake mix, I use Duncan Hines
- 1 6 oz pkg. Jell-O Lemon gelatin, (use 5 oz and throw the rest out).
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 4 large eggs
- 1-2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Fresh lemon juice, or bottle
- Lemon zest – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour your pan.
- Place cake mix, 5 oz of gelatin, oil, water, and eggs in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer for 2-3 minutes on medium.
- The batter should look thick and be well blended.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake cake until lightly brown about 35-40 minutes for a bundt cake pan and 45-50 for a loaf pan.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 min and remove cake from pan and cool completely.
- Combine confectioner’s sugar and lemon juice & zest until smooth.
- Drizzle icing over the cake.
- Place cake into a refrigerator for 15 minutes to set the icing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16
Amount Per Serving Calories 240
~Recipe adapted from The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn
Love it? Pin it!
Sign up to get a dose of style and inspiration + access to my exclusive TRENDY WALL ART PRINTABLE BUNDLE just for newsletter subscribers!