This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
This is not your usual Green Bean Casserole! It has crackers & cheese in it, which makes it so so good! I have never really been a fan of the original version out there everyone makes, it is just really runny and kind of mushy. But then saw this recipe years ago, tried it and have been in love with it ever since. It is a family favorite around here and I thought I would share it with you for the up coming Thanksgiving Holiday!
Not Your Moms Green Bean Casserole
- 1 can Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- cup ½milk
- 2 cans Cut Green Beans drained or you can use fresh green beans, but cook them first until they are fork tender.
- 1 sleeve of crushed Saltines I use Wheat Saltines
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 2.8 oz French-fried onion rings Optional
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the soup and milk.
- Arrange evenly one can of green beans in bottom of greased 2 qt. square baking dish.
- Spoon half of soup mix over beans, sprinkle half of the saltines and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Repeat again for next layer.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Add the French Fried Onions and cook for 5 minutes more.
My family fights over this awesome casserole and there are usually no left overs! I hope you like it as much as we do.