Restaurant Style Tuscan Shrimp and Scallops
Rich restaurant style seafood dish made at home. Try this super easy Creamy Tuscan Shrimp and Scallops. Creamy sauce with sundried tomatoes and fresh spinach. For more coastal seafood recipes see my Seafood page.
Rich & Creamy Tuscan Shrimp and Scallops
A few weeks back I shared my Olive Garden inspired Tuscan chicken recipe. Well, now we have added a new seafood version to change up the meal.
Large pan-seared scallops and sautéd garlic jumbo shrimp swimming in a creamy parmesan, sun-dried tomato, and fresh baby spinach sauce. You can serve it over pasta, rice, or for a low-carb version cauliflower rice.
Looking for the perfect date night meal? This restaurant-style recipe is the best meal to impress your guest. The rich and creamy yet robust sauce makes the taste of this dish an all-time favorite. Plus it can be Keto low carb by serving it with cauliflower rice!
How to Thaw Scallops and Prepare for Cooking
- Thaw scallops in a bowl of cold water for about 10-20 minutes or until they are completely thawed out. You can also thaw them overnight in the refrigerator.
- Lay them on paper towels and thoroughly pat them dry with another paper towel to absorb all the liquid before baking, grilling, or searing.
Want more scallop seasoning tips? SEE MY >>> Baked Broccoli and Scallops Foil Packets recipe too! <<<
How to Thaw Shrimp and Prepare for Cooking
- I like to use jumbo raw shell-on headless shrimp, my fav is Trader Joe’s or fresh if you live near the coast.
- Thaw raw uncooked shrimp in a colander under running cold water. Turn the colander every 3-4 minutes to evenly thaw the shrimp.
- Peel and use a sharp knife to devein the shrimp. Cut a line on the underside (between legs) of the shrimp and pull the vein out. Rinse shrimp and then prepare to bake, grill or fry.
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Yes, you can refreeze previously frozen scallops after cooking.
THAW: Defrost frozen scallops in the refrigerator overnight.
Easy Creamy Tuscan Shrimp and Scallops
- 1 lb large scallops, rinsed and pat dried
- 2 tbsp of sundried tomato oil from the jar, or 2 tbps butter if you prefer
- 1 lb raw jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2-1 cup sundried tomatoes, drained and sliced thin
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ chicken broth
- 2 cups of baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp parsley
- pasta cooked al dente
- cauliflower rice
For the Scallops:
- Thaw scallops in a bowl of cold water for about 10-20 minutes.
- Lay them on paper towels and thoroughly pat them dry with another paper towel to absorb all the liquid before searing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsps of the sun dried tomato oil to the pan.
- Add scallops to the pan evenly and spaced out.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side until a golden crust forms on the bottom of the scallop, then flip and cook again for 2 minutes until crisp, lightly browned, and cooked through to opaque. Remove from pan and set aside.
For the Shrimp:
- Add 2 tbsp butter and garlic to a medium heat pan.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning after a minute or so.
- Remove from heat and set aside in a bowl. Do not overcook.
For the Sauce:
- Using a large saucepan, 1 tbsp of the sun-dried tomato oil into the pan, add garlic, and saute on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low-medium, add the heavy cream and chicken broth and bring to just a simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with Italian herbs then salt and pepper to taste.
- Drop in the spinach leaves and allow them to wilt in the sauce.
- Add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
- Add the shrimp and scallops to the pan, coat with creamy sauce, sprinkle with parsley, and serve over pasta, cauliflower rice, or zoodles.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!