Looking for a Christmas cookie recipe to rock your next party? Check out my Holidays Best Christmas…
Have you ever tried Christmas Crack cookies? Well here is the recipe to make sweet and salty chocolate crunch bars using Saltine crackers, butter, and chocolate! So yummy! For more recipes like this pone see my Desserts page.
Every year I make these yummy bark like bars during the holidays. They are sweet and salty at the same time because the base is a saltine cracker covered in semi-sweet chocolate! There is also brown sugar involved, so it has that popular salted caramel vibe we all seem to be craving.
I got this recipe from the old Kraft magazines that were available ten years ago or so. There were some really great recipes in those magazines. A lot of super easy weeknight dinners and great desserts. I yanked the pages out of mine and now I have a pile of papers I go through to find what I need. Silly me, I should have just saved the books!
Now on to the dessert! Christmas Crack AKA Sweet and Salty Chocolate Crunch Bars are a super easy recipe that would be suitable for kids to make. Just help them with the oven part!
Christmas Crack: Saltine Crunch Bars
Evenly line a baking pan with saltine crackers.
Pour butter and brown sugar mixture over crackers and bake.
- 1 sleeve of Saltine Crackers
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 packed light brown sugar
- 2 Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Bakers bars or 1 bag of semi-sweet mini chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line crackers in a single layer on a foil lined baking pan.
- Heat butter and sugar in a small saucepan on medium high heat until melted and mixture is well blended.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Boil 3 minutes without stirring.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and push crackers back together so they are touching. Immediately pour the chopped chocolate evenly over the crackers.
- Let it stand 5 minutes so chocolate will melt.
- With a spatula spread the chocolate out evenly over crackers.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cool in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Remove and break up crackers into bark like pieces.
Nutrition InformationYield 16
Amount Per Serving Calories 210
Do you have a similar holiday recipe? I would love to hear about!