How adorable are cookies in the shape of baby chicks? These Nutter Butter Easter cookies are super easy to make and the perfect kid-friendly Easter party activity. For more spring ideas see my Easter page.
Easter is coming up and that means it’s time for some delicious spring desserts! These hatching Easter chick cookies are the perfect sweet treat for little ones. They’re simple to make which makes them an easy recipe to get the kids involved. They are absolutely adorable and they taste amazing too.
Baby Chick Nutter Butter Easter Cookies
Nutter Butters are one of my all-time favorite cookies. I know it may not be so popular these days since it has peanuts in the ingredients. If someone you know has nut allergies you could replace this cookie with a regular sandwich cookie to be safe.
In this no-bake recipe wear going to use a premade sandwich cookie and dip it into chocolate and use icing to draw a baby chick. You can also use candy eyes for the eyes and coated candies like M& M’s for the beak. In this recipe we just used icing.
Icings we used: (Frosting tip #3)
- Orange Cookie Icing, for the Bird Beak
- White Cookie Icing, for the Eggshell
- Black Gel Icing, for the Chick’s Eyes
Chocolate we used:
- 2 oz of White Chocolate Squares or Wafers
- Yellow Oil-based Food Coloring for Chocolate Candy Melts Do not use regualr food coloring you need food coloring for chocolate
Step By Step Easter Chick Cookie Instructions:
1. Melt the white chocolate squares with the yellow food coloring in the microwave in 20-second increments. Remove from the microwave in between 20-second increments and stir Repeat until melted. White chocolate burns easily so be aware and do not overcook.
2. Take a fork and gently put it between the layers of the cookie. Dip the cookie in the melted chocolate and cover it completely.
3. Drain off excess chocolate and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Chill the cookies in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens and sets, about 10 minutes.
5. Use the white frosting, pipe cracked shell shapes on top and bottom of the cookie.
6. Use black frosting to pipe 2 tiny dots for the eyes.
7. Use the orange frosting to pipe a small beak just below the eyes.
8. Put the cookies back into the refrigerator and allow them to set for 10 minutes. Let them dry and cool for 20 minutes out of the refrigerator and serve!
Other Fun Easter Posts:
- Chocolate Coconut Bird Nests Simple No-bake Recipe
- Floral Woodland Bunny Ears Headband
- 8 Sweet Bunny Crafts for Easter
- Sweet Easter Bunny Wreath
Do you love making fun cookies for the holidays? Try my fun No Bake Oreo Turkey Cookies with Pretzels They are also kid-friendly and super easy to make.
MAKE AHEAD: Wrap each individually in wax paper, place in an airtight container and keep them for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutter Butter Chicks Cookies
- 8 Nutter Butter cookies
- 2 oz white chocolate
- 5-6 drops of Yellow oil based food coloring for chocolate
- Orange cookie icing, for the beak
- White cookie icing, for the eggshell
- Black gel icing, for the eyes
- Icing Tips for Piping #3, tip may come with the icing pouch
- Parchment Paper & Baking Sheet
- Take a fork and gently put it between the layers of the cookie. Dip the cookie in the melted chocolate and cover it completely.
- Drain off the excess chocolate and place the cookie on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Chill the cookies in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens and sets. About 10 minutes.
- Use the white icing and pipe cracked shell shapes on the top and bottom of the cookie.
- Use black gel icing to pipe 2 tiny dots for the eyes.
- Use the orange icing to pipe a small beak just below the eyes.
- Put the cookies back into the refrigerator for 10 minutes and allow them to set or dry approx 20 minutes out of the refrigerator.
- Serve & enjoy!
The nutrition info provided is only an estimate. See my nutrition disclaimer for more info on how the data is collected for recipes.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
No time to make these? Try one of these ideas instead!
Easter is a time of new beginnings and fresh starts. What better way to celebrate the season than with some delicious Baby Chick Nutter Butter Cookies? These cookies are easy to make, and they’re sure to bring a smile to your face. We hope you will be inspired by this spring dessert idea and have a wonderful Easter!