This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.I am in love with pancakes and I am not sure why I haven’t posted a recipe about them before now. Here is my dilemma. I have been trying to lose that dreaded belly fat and the only way that seems to work for me is a low carb diet. Well, that meant giving up my Saturday morning pancakes. Until now!I found this recipe for Low Carb Pancakes with Almond Meal Flour and tried it, and I have to say they’re pretty good. I would definitely add blueberries to sweeten them up. The Almond meal can be, well almond tasting, and the berries cut through that and make it more like a real pancake. But hey, I got my pancakes back and that’s all that matters!
- 1 cup almond meal, almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 T sweetener, I use Stevia
- Mix ingredients together and set aside for 15 min for fluffy pancakes.
- Turn your griddle on medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Pour four pancakes out.
- Add Blueberries here, Optional.
- Flip them over when lightly brown.
- Serve when both sides are lightly brown.
- Top with Sugar Free syrup or fruit.
The original recipe says the pancakes do not bubble like regular pancakes. Mine rose and bubbled just fine. What I did find is that the pancakes will be thicker and heavier than your average pancake.
Nutrition InformationYield 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 150
Check out more of my Families Favorite Low Carb Recipes~