Looking for a yummy low carb cake recipe that tastes like the real thing? This Keto Yellow Cake Cupcakes recipe is so good and at 3 carbs per cupcake, It is the perfect snack for the diet conscious. For more recipes like this one see my Confections page.
I have started doing a low carb diet again. It seems to be the only way I can get that stubborn belly fat under control. These diets can get daunting after a while so you have to get creative to find yummy snacks without completely ruining your diet.
Enter the Keto yellow cake cupcakes! This cake recipe is so good and tastes pretty close to the box mixes we grew up with. Just add your favorite low-carb keto icing or grab a store brand sugar-free version, Like Pillsbury Sugar-Free as we used, ice and serve!
NOTE: Adding the storebought icing above to these cupcakes will raise the carb count to 8 net carbs.
Notes on Sugar Replacement
The sugar replacement used in this cake recipe is xylitol. It has fewer calories and does not raise blood sugar levels. It also has other health benefits. it may increase collagen production and reduce your risk of osteoporosis. It also feeds the friendly bacteria in your gut. A word of caution, xylitol is highly toxic to dogs so keep it sealed and away from pets. If you are new to this type of sugar substitute, go slow until your body adjusts. Too much can cause side effects like gas bloating and diarrhea.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add baking cups to a muffin pan.
- Blend the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- With a blender on low speed, add the eggs one at a time. Blend well 1-2 minutes.
- Add in vanilla extract and blend.
- Slowly add the melted butter continue mixing until well combined.
- Spoon the batter halfway filled into the baking cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing baking cups. Let them cool completely before adding frosting.
Cake instead of cupcakes:
Grease a round cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean. For a double layer cake, double the recipe and bake in two round cake pans.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 230Carbohydrates 3g
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.