This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
One year I made recipe books for all the mothers in our family. I put all of the everyday recipes we love to eat along with some special recipes that were exchanged between us all. It turned out to be a great gift idea for Mother’s day!
Lately, we are getting in a rut with recipes, does that happen to you too? That’s when I thought of this book, I hadn’t looked at it in awhile and was hoping a recipe would spark some interest. Looking through the old recipes I came across this great Mexican layer dip recipe my sister-in-law serves at her pool parties.
This isn’t your ordinary Mexican layered dip, it has Fritos Bean Dip (my favorite go-to snack, oh yum) and only a few other ingredients.
To me, this particular bean dip just makes the flavor pop in this appetizer. Of course, you could change it up and like other layer dips, add an endless amount of toppings. We like it just plain and simple. Here’s the recipe. Let me know what you think.
- 1 container of Fritos Bean Dip
- 1 6 oz sour cream
- 1 pkg. Taco seasoning mix
- 1 container of Pico de Gallo salsa, drained
- 1 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can chopped black olives, optional
- Spread bean dip in bottom of round glass pie plate.
- Mix sour cream and taco seasoning together.
- Spread cream mixture on the top of bean dip.
- Spread salsa over cream mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over salsa.
- Top with chopped olives.
You can add a layer of lettuce before cheese if desired. Serve with large Fritos Corn Chips.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per ServingCalories 221 Saturated Fat 8.7g Cholesterol 39mg Sodium 711mg Carbohydrates 10.7g Fiber 3g Sugar 1.4g Protein 9.5g
Great appetizer recipe for family gatherings, BBQ’s and Cinco de Mayo!
Check out more of my recipes~