This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Today I am sharing another family favorite recipe, seafood enchiladas with Imitation crab! Of course you can use real crab and shrimp or scallops in this dish and it would still be great.
When I was younger, my family would always go to Chi-Chi’s Mexican Restaurant. They had this amazing crab enchilada dish called The Cancun. It was made using real crab meat, it was so rich you could hardly eat all of it. That became my favorite Mexican food dish!
Well now the restaurant is gone but finding a similar recipe was my goal and many years ago I found this one. It isn’t exactly the same as the Chi Chi’s one but we love it. I have no idea where I found the original recipe, but that doesn’t matter because I have changed it anyway. I will tell you though if you do not love imitation crab then buy real crab meat or saute shrimp for this dish.
The imitation crab I use is made by Aquamar and it is Wild Caught Alaskan Pollock. Most of their products are used to make Surimi sushi, which is cooked fish sushi, not the raw fish sushi. So if you have been afraid to try sushi, just know you can order the cooked fish kind like California Rolls without the fear of raw fish allergies.
With that being said, fish disguised as a crab can be quite bland so seasoning it up a bit and cooking it in real butter really brings out a rich crab taste. I have grown to love imitation crab more than real crab and I hope you will too!
Pour Enchilada sauce over wraps and top with cheese.
- 1.5 lbs Imitation Crab
- 2 cups Four Cheese Mexican Blend
- 1 large can or 2 small cans Old el Paso Enchilada Sauce
- Large burrito wraps or corn wraps
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 small onion diced small
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in deep skillet on medium heat.
- Add onion, crab meat, salt, pepper and saute until onions are clear.
- Add cilantro, sour cream and 1 cup cheese.
- Blend and reduce heat to low.
- Add few shakes of hot sauce and blend.
- Separate crab mix evenly into 4-6 servings in pan.
- Place one section of filling down middle of burrito, then wrap and fold.
- Add to the dish fold side down and repeat.
- Pour enchilada sauce over center of wraps and top with cheese.
- Bake 25-30 min.
- Serve with sour cream & green onions for garnish.
I serve with Uncle Bens Santa Fe Rice and black beans. The hot sauce I use is from the Tijuana Flats restaurant, "Smack Your Ass and Call Me Sally" Sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 5
Amount Per Serving Calories 1200
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Check out more of my Families Favorite Recipes~