Looking for a way to add more veggies to your meals? This Eggplant Rollatini with Spinach replaces noodles with vegetables for a slimmer Italian alternative pasta dish. For more recipes like this one see my Recipe Index page.
Midway through the year, I decided to make a change in my diet and exercise and join Beachbody.com. They have a bunch of programs to help you regulate food intake to help you on your weight-loss journey.
I chose the 2B Mindset Slim Down plan. See my 2B Mindset Meals roundup post for info on how it works and how you can try it even without a Beachbody membership!
Skinny Baked Eggplant Rollatini with Spinach
These eggplant roll-ups are one of our family’s favorite dinner choices even without being on a diet. Here’s the recipe!
Skinny Baked Eggplant Rollatini with Spinach is a quick and easy light dish that can be made in just 30 minutes. The rollatini is made of eggplant slices that are rolled up and then baked then smothered in tomato sauce and gooey cheese.
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in a microwave or in the refrigerator overnight. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes or microwave for 5 minutes on high until done.
Baked Eggplant Rollatini
- 2-3 eggplants, sliced into 1/4 inch sections lengthwise
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- 1 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of water
- 1 cup skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ oregano
- ½ dried basil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- parchment paper
Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly coat paper with cooking spray (I use olive oil). Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Add the jar of sauce to a small saucepan. Add Italian seasoning, basil, and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes and set aside on warm.
- In a small mixing bowl combine ricotta, spinach, salt pepper, and oregano.
- Add a 1/2 of sauce to the bottom of the 13 x 9 inch dish.
- Add a tbsp of spinach and cheese mix to the wide end of a slice of eggplant. Sprinkle a small amount of Italian cheese mix on the mix.
- Roll wide end to narrow end. Place seam side down in rows in the 13 x 9 dish.
- Spoon remaining tomato sauce over the eggplant roll-ups.
- Top with cheese and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serving size is 3 roll ups.
The nutrition info provided is only an estimate. See my nutrition disclaimer for more info on how the data is collected for recipes.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!