Welcome to our family’s favorite tried and true best easy recipe ideas page! These recipes have been in our family for years. Some are from close relatives like my mom’s Thanksgiving dressing, my mother-in-law’s broccoli casserole, and some we invented ourselves by testing different ingredients out over time. We love using slow cookers and pressure cookers whenever possible.
My husband loves to cook on the weekends. His favorite recipes are included in my list below. Some of his recipes can be a little more complicated and have a lot of ingredients. We have condensed them some to make them quicker and easier without compromising the flavor!
The best way to find something on my blog is by using the search bar. Just type in a keyword and a list of recipes will come up!
However, if you aren’t quite sure what you want, please keep reading. You could always find the recipes by clicking each category under the Recipe Homepage. Don’t worry If you click away from this page, you can find it again in my navigation bar at the top of the blog.
There are around 108 or so recipes on Made in a Day. That number grows monthly. I try to post at least 1-2 recipes a month on the blog.
So be sure to check in with us often or, even better, subscribe to our newsletter so that you don’t miss any of our posts and there are free meal planner printables for joining!
RECIPES BY STYLE
Comfort Food Recipes
As with anyone the recipes I love the most are the ones that give a warm hug. Most of these recipes are dripping with cheese and carbs but man are they good.
- Corn and Tomato Salad w/ Vidalia Onions
- Creamy Baked Brussels Sprouts
- Au Gratin Creamed Peas
- Southern Style Steamed (Fried) Cabbage
- Cheesy O’Brien Potato Casserole (AKA Funeral Potatoes)
- Southern Style Thanksgiving Dressing (Family Fav)
- Sweet Hawaiian Bread Stuffing
- Homemade Macaroni & Cheese (Family Fav)
- Southern Squash Casserole My fav
- Cheese & Cracker Green Bean Casserole (Family Fav)
- Oven Roasted Balsamic Red Potatoes
- Broccoli & Cheese Casserole (Family Fav)
- Homemade Shake & Bake Breading Mix
- Rich & Hearty Beef Stew (Instant Pot Recipe)
- Broccoli, Ham & Macaroni Casserole
- Hearty Sausage & Rice Skillet (One-Pot Meal)
- Rotisserie Chicken & Noodles Stroganoff
- Beef Tips with Mushroom Gravy
- Homemade Banana Pudding
Easy Light Side + Low Carb Recipes
- Our Fav Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
- 2B Mindset Quick Stir Fry Recipes
- Balsamic Chickpea Salad
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Simple Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Asian Style Baked Salmon
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Chicken Spinach Rollatini over Zoodles
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts
- Baked Zoodles and Meatballs (Keto, Popular)
- Keto Blueberry Muffins (Keto, Popular)
- Simple Yellow Cake Keto Cupcakes
Easy Party Food + Appetizer Recipes
Some nights instead of making a big dinner we opt for lighter appetizers or finger food! It’s fun and everyone loves the idea! Here are our tried and true fav recipes.
- The Perfect Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Recipe
- Crispy Blue Chips with Spicy Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce (The Husbands Fav)
- Layered Tex Mex Cheese Salsa Dip My Fav
- Spicy Pimento Cheese Dip (The Husbands Fav)
- Lightened Up Chicken Broccoli Braid
- Tailgate Spinach Dip
- Perfect In -N Out Burger Double Double Animal Style (The Husbands Fav)
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches (Slow Cooker Recipe)
- Honey Sesame Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Wood-Fired Pizza on the Komodo Grill
Robust Italian-American Recipes
Our family can’t resist a yummy filling pasta recipe. Here are our tried & true versions of our favorite comfort food and recipes.
- Creamy Baked Scallops and Shrimp
- Spinach Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad (Whole Foods Copycat)
- Hearty Turkey Lasagna Soup
- Pasta e Fagioli Italian Soup (Olive Garden Copycat)
- Ricotta Stuffed Shells
- Baked Zoodles and Meatballs (Low Carb)
- Cheesy Oven-Baked Ravioli
- Spinach Lasagna (Lasagna Trio Pan Review)
- Creamy Baked Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Spinach Rollatini with Zoodles (Low Carb)
- Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
- Broccoli, Ham & Macaroni Pasta Bake
- Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza (Lou Malnati Copycat)
- Wood Fired Pizza Komodo Recipe
Easy Mexican + Tex Mex Style Recipes
- Loaded Seafood Burrito Recipe
- Layered Tex Mex Tex Chessy Salsa Dip
- Mexican Refried Bean Dip
- Balsamic Southwestern Dip AKA Cowboy Caviar
- Turkey Taco Soup
- Easy Black Bean Soup with Salsa
- Seafood Enchiladas with Imitation Crab
- Southwest Chicken Bowls (Slow Cooker Meal)
- Spicy Beer Chili Recipe (Instant Pot Recipe)
Favorite Seafood Recipes
Our family members live on or near the beaches of Florida. By living that close to the ocean and the fishing docks where all the areas seafood comes in, let’s just say we have tried all of the best seafood recipes. Here are our family’s favorites.
- Easy Baked Broccoli and Scallops Foil Packets
- Subway Sensational Seafood Salad
- Loaded Seafood Burrito Recipe
- Seafood Cacio e Pepe with Scallops (kid’s fav)
- Semi-Homemade Jambalaya (Chicken, Shrimp & Sausage)
- One-Pot Creamy Potato Shrimp Chowder (The kid’s fav)
- Seafood Salad Recipe (Publix Grocery Copycat) My fav!
- Southern Fried Bang Bang Shrimp (Bonefish Copycat + the best breading recipe for fried shrimp)
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Cheesy Tuna Casserole
- Asian Style Oven Baked Salmon
- Shrimp & Wild Rice Casserole
- Seafood Enchiladas with Imitation Crab (My fav, Popular)
See my 10 Best Seafood Recipe Roundup too!