Get into the Halloween spirit with our mouthwatering mummy jalapeno poppers recipe! These cheesy and spicy delights will be a hit at any haunted gathering. For more creepy recipes see my Halloween page.
Mummy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe: A Spooky Twist to a Classic Favorite
Are you looking for a frightfully delicious treat to serve at your Halloween party? Look no further than these adorable and tasty mummy jalapeno poppers! This recipe puts a spooky twist on the classic appetizer, and is sure to creep out guests of all ages.
To make these ghoulishly good mummy jalapeno poppers, start by halving fresh jalapeños and removing the seeds. Then, stuff them with a yummy mixture of cream cheese, shredded pepper jack cheese, and chopped green onions.
Wrap each pepper half in thin slices of refrigerated crescent dough, leaving just enough space at the top to create the illusion of bandages. Bake until golden brown and crispy on the outside, while oozing with cheesy goodness on the inside.
Serve these eerie mummies alongside some blood-red salsa or my Frankenguac! Halloween Guacamole Party Dip for an extra festive touch. And don’t forget to add googly eyes!
Spooky Mummy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Ingredients and Alternatives
Halloween Poppers Recipe Step by Step
- Prepare the jalapeños by slicing them in half and removing the seeds.
- Mix the cheeses, bacon and scallions together.
- Fill the poppers and cut the crescent roll strips.
- Wrap the poppers in crescent roll strips, bake, add the eyeballs and enjoy!
Jalapeno Popper Dipping Sauce Ideas
MAKE AHEAD: Place leftovers in an airtight container and keep in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
FREEZER: Place leftovers in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Mummy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 10 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 scallion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounce package of bacon pieces
- Crescent rolls
- candy eyeballs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parment paper or foil. Lightly grease if using foil as a base.
- Wash then slice jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise. Deseed the peppers by removing all of the white seeds.
- Dice the scallion into very fine pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheeses, the scallion and bacon pieces.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a mixer (or by hand), mix everything together until well combined.
- Fill each jalapeno pepper with some of the cheese mixture.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Pinch two triangles together to form a solid rectangle. Repeat to make 4 rectangles total.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice each rectangle into 4 equal pieces.
- Wrap one piece of dough around each jalapeno popper, leaving a small opening at the top for eyes.
- Bake the poppers for 12 minutes.
- As soon as poppers come out of the oven, add two candy eyes to each top opening. let them cool and enjoy!
The nutrition info provided is only an estimate. See my nutrition disclaimer for more info on how the data is collected for recipes.
Did you make this recipe?
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!