This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Who doesn’t love Hawaiian Bread! That sweet fluffy goodness that just melts in your mouth. Our family loves this bread, so when I saw they now made stuffing I was over the moon. By the way, this is not a sponsored post I just love this brand!
Now I have seen where there are some recipes using King’s Hawaiian Bread for stuffing so that’s nothing new, but in our family, we have always used dried bread cubes. Being from the south we have one family recipe and that’s it. No one would dare change it, people would just stop speaking to you.
So we never try anything new. Well, that’s about to change! I love the sweetness and flavor of this stuffing. I may have to substitute this blend in my own families recipe from now on. Here is my recipe for a simple stuffing great for any holiday. Let’s go make some food!
- 12 oz bag of King's Hawaiian Classic Stuffing Herb & Onion flavor or a pack of 12 Kings Hawaiian Dinner Rolls, cubed
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks with leaves, diced
- 1-2 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onions, celery and butter in a medium saucepan until translucent.
- In a large bowl add the dried stuffing mix, onions and celery.
- Pour in at least 14 oz (1 can) of the chicken broth and gently mix.
- If the stuffing is too stiff add more broth. Add the broth in slowly, you do not want the stuffing to have a soupy consistency.
- Add to a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, removing the foil the last ten minutes to brown the top.
- For a more crunchy stuffing bake uncovered.
In case you are wondering: I use the celery leaves when I cook because they have so much flavor. They really bring out the taste of the celery and the house smells heavenly!
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per ServingCalories 170
I hope enjoy this simple recipe. If you a beginning cook this is a great recipe to knock the socks off of family members. The flavor is so fantastic with the sweet Hawaiian bread. If you are a seasoned cook then add this stuffing to your family’s stuffing recipe for added sweetness!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
More Side Dish Recipes:
- Our Families Favorite Thanksgiving Dressing
- Broccoli & Cheese Casserole
- Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
- Hawaian Pork Hash + Por & Shrimp Shumai from My Pinterventures
Must-Have Baking Resources:
- Stoneware Baking Dish 13 x 9
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
- Taste of Home Casseroles
- Silicone Spatula Set
Check out more of my Favorite Recipes~