This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
It’s almost Feast day yall! Today I am going to share my family’s Southern Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe with my readers. I find it so fascinating almost every family has their own Turkey Dressing/Stuffing recipe handed down from generation to generation.
I grew up with one recipe that was perfected by my mom and is now a staple of my own family during the holidays. We love this soft but crunchy breading filled with warm yummy veggies. It is the perfect sidekick to roasted turkey breast. It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving Day around here without it! Here’s our family version! Enjoy!
Turkey Dressing Recipe
- 2 14oz bag Herb Seasoned Pepperidge Farm Stuffing
- 1 14oz bag Cornbread Pepperidge Farm Stuffing
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Celery
- 1 package of fresh sliced Mushrooms
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- 1 stick butter
- 2-3 cups Chicken broth or turkey drippings
- 2-3 large eggs
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in saucepan.
- Saute onions, celery and mushrooms in butter.
- Mix the three stuffing bags together in a large bowl.
- Add celery, onions and mushrooms, cans of soup, 2-3 eggs and the other 1/2 stick of butter, melted to the stuffing mixture. Use at least 2 eggs.
- Slowly add broth. Mix until consistency is not too stiff and not too soupy.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch dish.
- Bake 400 for 40 min.
I usually do not add salt & pepper to this recipe. It has a lot of salt and flavor from the broth and seasonings in stuffing. Add salt & pepper to season to your taste if needed.
Check out more of my Favorite Holiday Side Dishes~