This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. See my full Disclosure Policy.
It’s almost Feast day! Today I am going to share my family’s Southern Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe with my readers. I find it so fascinating almost every family has its own Turkey Dressing/Stuffing recipe handed down from generation to generation.
I grew up with one recipe that was perfected by my mom and is now a staple of my own family during the holidays. We love this soft but crunchy breading filled with warm yummy veggies. It is the perfect sidekick to roasted turkey breast. It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving Day around here without it! Here’s our family version! Enjoy! UPDATED: Simplified version of recipe 2019.
Our Family’s Favorite Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe
- 1 12oz bag dry Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 12oz bag dry Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1 package of fresh sliced brown cremini mushrooms
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- 1 stick butter,
- 1 can Chicken broth or turkey drippings
- 2 large eggs
- Pepper to taste
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a saucepan.
- Saute onions, celery and mushrooms in butter.
- Mix the two stuffing bags together in a large bowl.
- Add celery, onions and mushrooms, all 3 cans of soup, 2 eggs combined and the other 1/2 stick of butter, melted, and pepper to the stuffing mixture.
- Slowly add broth. Mix until consistency is not too stiff and not too soupy.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch dish.
- Bake 400 for 40 min.
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 315