Looking for a homestyle dressing that is perfect for any holiday? Try Our Family’s Favorite Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe. See more recipes and crafts on my Thanksgiving page.
It’s almost Feast day! Today I am going to share my family’s Southern Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe with my readers. I find it so fascinating almost every family has its own Turkey Dressing/Stuffing recipe handed down from generation to generation.
I grew up with one recipe that was perfected by my mom and is now a staple of my own family during the holidays. We love this soft but crunchy breading filled with warm yummy veggies.
It is the perfect sidekick to roasted turkey breast. It just wouldn’t be Thanksgiving Day around here without this southern dressing! Here’s our family’s homestyle dressing version! Enjoy!
Our Family’s Favorite Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe
- 1 12oz bag dry Herb Seasoned Stuffing
- 1 12oz bag dry Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery
- 1 package of fresh sliced brown cremini mushrooms
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- 1 stick butter,
- 2 cups Chicken broth or turkey drippings
- 2 large eggs
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a saucepan.
- Saute onions, celery, and mushrooms in butter.
- Mix the two stuffing bags together in a large bowl.
- Add celery, onions and mushrooms, all 3 cans of soup, 2 eggs combined and the other 1/2 stick of butter, melted, and pepper to the stuffing mixture.
- Slowly add broth. Mix until consistency is not too stiff and not too soupy. (I mix it with my hands with gloves on).
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake for 35-40 min.
This may make more than the 9 x 13-inch pan. You can discard the rest or make extra.
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 315
Love it? Pin it!
Check out more of my Favorite Holiday Side Dishes~