Amazing sheet-pan appetizer! Crispy blue potato chips with gorgonzola cheese dip /sauce, sprinkled with dashes of Cholula. Yummy crowd pleasing finger food party dish. For more appetizer recipes see my Appetizers page.
We had this appetizer at the Brixx Wood Fired Pizza Restaurant some years ago. The last time we visited Brixx they discontinued this delicious appetizer from the menu! UUGH! We loved it so much we decided to set out to make our own. I think we mastered it with this recipe.
The Cholula Sauce is not super hot, but it adds a distinctive flavor to the dish. I can not tolerate spicy foods and I can gobble this one up. It is so mild in fact that even the kids love it.
Blue Chips with Gorgonzola Cheese Dip
This one-pan dish is super easy to put together. It’s a perfect alternative to nachos. My husband devours it while watching football. It is a definite keeper in our house!
- 1 bag Blue Terra Chips
- 1 package gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1 jar alfredo sauce
- Cholula Hot Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour bag of Blue Terra chips out on a large foil coverd baking pan.
- Add the alfredo sauce to a small saucepan and heat to a slight boil on med heat.
- Sprinkle gorgonzola cheese crumbles over chips. Gorgonzola has a strong taste. Don't overdo it unless you are a gorgonzola lover. Add gorgonzola crumbles to taste.
- Drizzle alfredo sauce over chips. Do not saturate the chips with too much alfredo or they will be soggy.
- Bake chips until gorgonzola cheese gets soft and slightly melted. Around 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle with Cholula Hot Sauce and serve!
Finding plain Blue Terra Chips can be tough to do. We usually find them at Whole Foods or other specialty stores like that.
Adding the Cholula Hot Sauce is the key to the flavor of this appetizer. It really isn't that hot of a sauce. You could always use it in a side dish for dipping if you are afraid of the heat.
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 300
Love it? Pin it!