Take our all-time favorite and addicting game day snack to your next party! The best warm and gooey layered Tex Mex cheese dip with black bean salsa and corn is an instant crowd-pleaser. For more tasty finger food recipes see my Appetizer page.
Today I am also sharing my all-time favorite appetizer recipe. I always bring home an empty dish when I serve this at parties.
You can prepare all of the ingredients ahead of time. Cover with plastic wrap and pop it in the microwave when you arrive at your destination.
The Best Tex Mex Cheese Dip with Salsa
This is a great appetizer to take or serve when you are in a pinch for time. Just layer cheese beans corn and salsa, pop it in the microwave and you’re good to go.
What is in the Dip?
This is literally the simplest recipe. It’s foolproof to make. Here is what it includes:
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheese
- 1 can of Back Beans
- 1 can of Corn
What Kind of Salsa Should I Use?
You can use any salsa you prefer for this recipe. I like Mrs. Renfro’s Black Bean Salsa. If you use a black bean salsa you can skip adding the can of black beans if it has a good amount of beans already in the salsa.
What if I do not have a Microwave?
If you do not own a microwave or the destination does not have one, this dish can also be warmed up in an oven.
If you do not have an oven, you could bake it before you leave in a casserole dish and add it to a thermal type bag for warming foods.
If you love this warm recipe you should also try my husband’s fav spicy pimento cheese dip recipe or my fav baked crab rangoon recipe. If you are into Mexican dips like I am, try my friend Amanda’s Quick and Easy Mexican 7-Layer Dip!
Layered Tex Mex Cheesy Salsa Dip
- 1 8oz bar of cream cheese
- 1 16 oz jar black bean and corn salsa, we find Mrs. Renfro's Black Bean Salsa works best)
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place cream cheese in a bowl and soften in the microwave for 30-60 seconds.
- Spread cream cheese over a large plate/platter. Make sure the plate will fit into the microwave and is able to turn.
- Spread the corn on top of the cream cheese.
- Spread the black beans on top of the corn.
- Spread salsa on top of the black beans.
- Top with shredded sharp cheddar.
- Heat in Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
5 minutes may seem like a long time to heat his dip in the microwave, but it works perfectly since there are so many layers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 200
I hope you have tried our favorite Tex Mex cheesy salsa dip! If you try a different salsa I would Love to hear how it came out!
Love this? Then I would be thrilled if you Pinned it or shared it!