Try our revved-up version of America’s old weeknight staple! Our Cheesy Tuna Casserole with potato chip topping recipe is one with the crunch kids will beg for. For more yummy recipes like this see my Main Dish page.
Looking for a better way to enjoy the old tuna casserole recipe? We added super crunchy kettle potato chip topping to America’s favorite weeknight dish.
This casserole is so simple to put together for a quick and easy weeknight meal. Just boil some noodles, defrost some frozen peas and open up a couple of cans of Campbell’s Soup. Mix and layer it all together and bake up some yummy goodness!
The crunch of the kettle chips stays even through the baking process. Even though you may think you do not like tuna noodle casserole. I promise the recipe is a keeper. You never eat that old tuna version again!
Cheesy Tuna Casserole
What to serve with tuna casserole?
You do not need to serve anything with it unless you want to. It has the meat, cheese, and peas for veggies already in it. But if you really think you need a side dish or are making this recipe for a crowd. Then anything green and leafy will do. A side salad, broccoli, veggie medleys, or brussels sprouts would work great!
Try these recipes as side dishes:
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Simple Oven Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower
- Our Fav Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
- 30+ Tempting Backyard BBQ Summer Salad Recipes
What kind of Potato Chips for the Topping can I use?
Any kind really. We just love the kettle chip versions because the crunch really lasts after baking and even in the leftovers. The cheese melts into the chips to make a thick crust. So yummy!
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and store this casserole in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in a microwave or in the refrigerator overnight. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes or microwave for 2-3 minutes on high until done.
I hope you enjoy our version as much as we do!
Cheesy Tuna Casserole With Chips!
- 2 cans 7oz. Chunk white tuna fish in water, drained
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar cheese
- ¾ bag Egg noodles
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- ½ bag Birdseye Frozen Peas
- 1-2 cups Plain Kettle Chips crushed
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- Cook egg noodles per package directions.
- Whisk to blend the Cream of Mushroom soup and Cream of Celery soup and milk together in a 2.8 qt. baking dish.
- Add both cans of tuna fish to soup mixture and blend.
- Cook frozen peas in microwave as directed on package.
- Add 3/4 of the bag of noodles, 1/2 of the bag of peas and 1 1/2 cups of cheese to soup mixture. Toss to blend ingredients.
- Top with remaining cheese and crushed chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Enjoy!
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Meal Planning Checklist + Mini Planner
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planning checklist & Mini Planning page. PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on Meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
Love it? Pin it!