This post may include affiliate links to find a product mentioned. See my full Disclosure Policy.
Like most of you, for years I used can cranberry sauce. I admit it and I’m not proud of it. The can was an easy option because I never really liked cranberry sauce. Well, that’s all changed and I haven’t looked back!
Making cranberry sauce from scratch is super simple. It tastes so tangy and fresh. Unlike the weird gel in a can stuff. I think I never cared for it because if the can! This is our new go-to recipe for this zesty Thanksgiving side dish.
Wow, your guests with this yummy side for the big day!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 12 oz bag Cranberries
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- Add orange juice and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat until the sugar is dissolved, then add the cranberries.
- Boil until the cranberries start to pop, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl and refrigerate to cool.
- Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.
This is a great side to make ahead so it have enough time to cool off. We like ours chilled so we keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. There are lots of options to add to this recipe to tweak the flavor. Try splitting the orange juice with half pineapple juice. Add lemon or orange zest for extra flavor or try a fruity liquor, like Grand Marnier for a nice kick.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Check out more of my Holiday Side Dishes~
Not Your Mom’s Green Bean Casserole