Well I am back from a much-needed get-away! We chose Savannah for our Spring Break…
Lately, Ramen Soup has become one of our guilty pleasures. We have been going around town trying out all the best restaurants that serve this veggie-filled hearty soup. I love it so much I came up with this recipe for an Easy Homemade Restaurant Style Miso Ramen that you can make in minutes that satisfies the taste for restaurant ramen from home!
Now I know what your thinking, is that the ramen noodle soup packet that you can buy for a quarter? No way! This is the grown-up version of the veggie-packed noodle soup. The noodles I use are actually rice noodles and there are a variety of flavors so you can figure out the best version of this recipe to suit your personal Ramen needs.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s talk about the noodles first. This is not a sponsored post but there are affiliate links so you can find the Ramen Brand I use. I use Lotus Foods Rice Ramen. The noodles are Japanese noodles made with rice instead of wheat which makes them Gluten Free, yay! Lotus has a huge variety of flavors of noodles and soup broth. All of the flavors of the Lotus Rice Ramen I have tried, which is most of them, work well with this recipe.
Now just how did I make that soft boiled egg for my Ramen? See that red contraption in the back of my ingredient pic? I bought this really cool egg cooker a couple of months ago and let me just say, I am in love! I eat boiled eggs every morning for breakfast and this thing is a lifesaver for the boiled egg challenged like me.
At first, I started buying those Egglands Best pre-boiled eggs in a bag from the store. No matter how I made boiled eggs myself they always came out bad. The eggs would not peel correctly, fall apart or were under or overcooked.
With this little egg cooker, you place the eggs under the dome push the on button and leave it to do its thing. When the timer goes off add the eggs to ice water and enjoy! It has three settings for soft, medium and hard-boiled eggs. I love this little cooker, it literally has changed my life, lol! Brown organic eggs are my new favorite.
Ok so back to the Ramen~ Let me show you the basics! Let’s go make some soup!
Easy Homemade Restaurant Style Miso Ramen
- 1 Lotus Foods Rice Ramen Soup & Noodle Miso mix, I used the Millet Brown Flavor
- 1/2 cup frozen Birds Eye Steamfresh veggies, your choice of flavor, I used Baby Broccoli Blend in this recipe
- 1/2 cup frozen Birds Eye Gold & White Corn, Carrots and Asparagus blend
- 1 soft boiled egg
- 1 cup or about one breast, Shredded rotisserie chicken, I use Costco prepackaged pulled Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 green onion chopped, optional
- Cook both frozen veggie steam bags as directed.
- In a medium saucepan cook noodles as directed on Lotus Package.
- In the last 3 minutes of cooking the noodles add the chicken and veggie blends to the soup while it is boiling.
- Pour into a bowl and cut the soft boiled egg in half and add it to the bowl and enjoy!
I cook my soft boiled egg using my Dash Rapid Egg Cooker, see above recipe post for info. Feel free to change up the veggies and meats to make your favorite version of Ramen soup and add some heat for a more spicy version.
Nutrition InformationYield 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 265
So now you have the basics on how to make the home version of this Ramen. You can add different kinds of veggies from fresh bok choy to broccoli and meats from chicken to pork belly to the broth. The possibilities and varieties are endless! So go make some soup!