We finally made the best ever homemade jalapeno pimento cheese dip! We tried a ton of recipes to get the perfect flavor and consistency for our fav dip! For more recipes like this see our Appetizer page.
We tried a ton of pimento cheese recipes and finally found the perfect one to make my husband’s favorite spicy jalapeno pimento cheese dip taste amazing.
Let me start from the beginning, a few years ago my husband created his favorite restaurant-style pimento cheese dip using the popular Palmetto brand jalapeno pimento cheese.
Then we move from the east coast to the west coast. We looked at Costco and checked all of the local grocery stores only to find they do not carry Palmetto Pimento cheese in California.
Ok so then we decide to order it online.
It came packed nicely in a freezer type box but since it came from across the country the whole case we ordered arrived warm. As you know it’s a huge no-no to eat warm mayonnaise. No worries, we let them know and we tried again and got a good batch.
But what a pain it was to order it all of the time. So off we went to try to make the perfect pimento cheese recipe that will melt nicely and not separate or get oily after 10 or so minutes after warming.
Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Recipe
We found this recipe works famously for our spicy jalapeno pimento cheese dip but you can absolutely eat it the traditional way as a spread on a sandwich, or with crackers and veggies as an appetizer.
What’s the Secret?
We think it’s the cheese! We use Tillamook block cheese in this recipe. Everything from Tillamook is from straight heaven as far as we are concerned. They have the best tasting cheese, cream cheese, and their ice cream, oh it’s to die for!
The key is to have all the cheeses at room temperature and do not use pre-shredded cheese when making this.
If you do not have the Tillamook brand cheese in your area. You can always use your own favorite brand of cheese.
MAKE AHEAD: Place single servings in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
FREEZER: Place in an airtight container or freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost in a microwave or in the refrigerator overnight.
Jalapeno Pimento Cheese Recipe
- 4 oz half of an 8oz block sharp cheddar cheese (room temperature), freshly grated.
- 4 oz half of an 8oz block extra sharp white cheddar (room temperature), freshly grated.
- Do not use pre-shredded cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 oz jar of diced pimentos drained
- Approx. 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Use enough to get the consistency you like.
- 1 jalapeño pepper. De-seeded and diced
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste. It does not take much to season this recipe. Do not overdo it
- Optional 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper or to taste to add an extra kick
- Add all ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Use enough to get the consistency you like and blend.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for a thicker consistency.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The information shown is an estimate provided by a nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. Values may vary depending on the brand of foods used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
FREE Make Ahead Meal Planner + Email Course
Get my FREE Mini Meal Planner Kit and the Make Ahead Meal Planner eBook Guide… PLUS access to my new FREE 8-Day Email Mini Course on meal Planning and Batch Cooking!
We hope you will try our new recipe. For the cheese lovers, I also recommend this Slow Cooker Spinach Queso Dip by my friend Amanda.
Love this? Then I would be thrilled if you Pinned it or shared it!